Laos In Depth 12 Days/11 NightsPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 12 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 16 people
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 1655 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 3240 US Dollar (USD)
From North to South, this in-depth tour explores the wonders of Laos from its friendly people and intriguing spiritual culture to its diverse landscapes and natural wonders. Travelling beyond the touristy areas, you'll discover a side of Laos untouched by the modern world.
Day 1: Houey Xay - Pakbeng. Depart from Houey Xay on the Thai border for a leisurely cruise down the Mekong River to Pakbeng. As you travel along the scenic river, make several stops to visit local villages that are scattered along the riverbanks for a taste of the rural life of the Lao people. Enjoy a riverside picnic before reaching Pakbeng in the early evening. Overnight in Pakbeng. Includes: (L, D).
Day 2: Pakbeng - Pak Ou Caves - Luang Prabang. Awake early to visit the morning market where traders from nearby villages come to buy and sell fresh produce and food. Then re-board the boat for the relaxing cruise down to Luang Prabang. Stop en route to see the thousands of Buddha statues at Pak Ou Caves and at a village known for making the country's best rice wine, called Lao Lao. Overnight in Luang Prabang. Includes: (B, L).
Day 3: Luang Prabang. Explore Laos' spiritual capital with a tour through the tree-lined streets and old buildings. Visit several temples including the resplendent Wat Xieng Thong, as well as delving in to the history of Laos with a visit to the National Museum. As the sun sets, cross the Mekong to Wat Chompet for fantastic twilight views. Overnight in Luang Prabang. Includes: (B).
Day 4: Luang Prabang - Kuang Si Waterfall - Luang Prabang. Travel southwest to the Kuang Si Waterfalls, stopping en-route to see the villages of the ethnic minority people. Once reaching the falls, enjoy a swim in the bathing pools where the cascading waters gather. On the return to Luang Prabang, visit local villages to watch the traditional Lao textiles and sa paper being made. Overnight in Luang Prabang. Includes: (B).
Day 5: Luang Prabang - Vang Vieng. Drive through spectacular mountain scenery to the town of Vang Vieng. This quaint town is nestled along the Nam Song River and framed by spectacular karst formations. Visit one of the areas numerous caves and enjoy a stroll along the riverfront, soaking in the quiet surroundings. Overnight in Vang Vieng. Includes: (B, L).
Day 6: Vang Vieng - Vientiane. This morning, drive south to the capital city of Vientiane. Stop off at the Nam Ngum Lake whose crystal clear waters are sure to tempt you for a swim! After relaxing by the water and enjoying lunch, continue to Vientiane. Overnight in Vientiane. Includes: (B, L).
Day 7: Vientiane. Explore the capital city today, with its mix of colonial buildings, ancient temples, and modern structures. From the tranquil Buddha-filled Wat Sisaket, to the slightly bizarre Patouxai monument, Vientiane is a city of hidden wonders. As the day comes to a close, tour the National Museum or opt for a relaxing foot massage instead! Overnight in Vientiane. Includes: (B).
Day 8: Vientiane – Savannakhet. This morning explore the Morning Market, hunting for souvenirs such as silk and cotton textiles, silver and gold jewelry, woodcarvings or other local crafts. Then set-off for Savannakhet, meaning ‘city of paradise'. This quaint town has a laid-back atmosphere despite being situated close to the Thailand border. Overnight in Savannakhet. Includes: (B, L).
Day 9: Savannakhet - Salavan - Tad Lo - Tad Fane. After breakfast, visit the town's Provincial Museum, the Dinosaur Museum and That Ing Hang temple. Continue the drive south to the Tad Lo waterfalls in the Bolaven Plateau. This area of cool highlands is known for growing delicious coffee and tea, and a stop at one of these plantations is a great opportunity to learn more about the growing and blending process. Overnight in Tad Fane. Includes: (B, L).
Day 10: Tad Fane - Wat Phu - Elephants - Khong Island. Visit the temple of Wat Phu, a pre-Angkorian temple which rises dramatically from the rice fields and sits in three tiered levels in the hills. Travel through the colonial buildings of Campassak and on to Ban Kiet Ngong for a fantastic elephant ride through the nearby forest. In the early evening, reach Khong Island in the Siphandon, or 4000 Islands, region. Includes: (B, L).
Day 11: Khong Island - Khone Island – Pakse. This morning, travel by boat along the Mekong to the peaceful islands of Done Det and Done Khone. Visit local palm-fringed villages, the remnants of Laos' only railway, and the imposing Khone Phaphaeng waterfalls which are situated near the Cambodian border. Return to Pakse in time to explore its exotic night market. Overnight in Pakse. Includes: (B, L).
Day 12: Depart Pakse. After breakfast, transfer either to the Thai border or to the airport for your onward flight. Includes: (B).
- Accommodation at selected hotels based on Single, Double/Twin Room with breakfast.
- Meals as indicated in itinerary. B = Breakfast; L = Lunch; D = Dinner.
- English Speaking National Guide
- All entrance fees as indicated in itinerary
- Camera and video cameras fees if applicable
- Land transportation by private air-conditioned vehicles with driver in the itinerary
- Boat trips as mentioned
- All permissions and local taxes
- Alcoholic drinks & drinks at mealtime + Optional visits + Personal expenses (Telephone, laundry...)
- Visa stamping fee for Laos (visa on arrival, valid 30 days: 30 to 42US$ upon client’s nationality + 1 photo. Passport has to be valid at least 6 months after departure date of the country). Subject to change without prior notice
- Extension visa 2 USD/day/Pax. Subject to change without prior notice
- Personal travel insurance (should include helicopter evacuation for Laos & repatriation)
- Personal expenses
- Tips for guide, driver, boat crew & hotels’ porters
- Meals other than those mentioned above
- All air tickets with airport and departure taxes
- Other services not clearly indicated in the Package Inclusion above.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Minimum price $1655 is based on 3-5 persons traveling together during low season (standard hotel).
- Maximum Price $3240 is based on 2 persons traveling together during high season (deluxe hotel).
- The price is a guideline and will vary according to travel dates and room availability.
- Please contact us to discuss your tailor-made travel requirements.