Linking Capitals - 7 Days/6 Nights in LaosPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 7 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 16 people
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 1140 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1140 US Dollar (USD)
Steeped in history and filled with beautiful scenery, Laos is quickly emerging as one of Asia's favorite destinations. This week-long tour connects the country's two capitals: from the spiritual and cultural capital of Luang Prabang to the administrative capital of Vientiane. Visit temples, natural wonders, museums and more as you discover the history and wonders of Laos with our expert guides.
Set on a peninsula along the Mekong and Nam Khan rivers, Luang Prabang has a sleepy feel to it as the waters meander along the tree-lined banks. The city is home to thousands of monks and is evidenced by the hundreds of temples that dot the roads and small laneways of the town. Wake up early one morning to watch the serene alms-collecting ceremony where the towns' monks barefoot down the sidewalks to collect offerings from the locals. The line of bright orange robes swish by, dramatically contrasting to the green trees and white buildings behind them.
Day 1: Arrive Luang Prabang
Arrive in to Luang Prabang, Laos' cultural and spiritual capital. Transfer to your hotel and then enjoy an orientation tour of this UNESCO World Heritage city. As the day comes to a close, climb the 300 stairs to the top of Mount Phousi for beautiful panoramic views of the city and surrounding countryside. Should you wish, visit the evening hill tribe market where colorful fabrics and gorgeous textiles are for sale. Overnight at The Grand, Luang Prabang.
Day 2: Luang Prabang
Enjoy a city tour through the tree-lined streets of Luang Prabang. Visit the town's most magnificent temples, including the resplendent Wat Xieng Thong. Learn about Laos' different ethic groups at the Traditional Arts and Ethnology Centre and the country's history at the National Museum, which is housed in the former Royal Palace. Cross the mighty Mekong River to Wat Chompet to watch the sun set over this charming city. Overnight at The Grand, Luang Prabang. Includes: (B).
Day 3: Luang Prabang - Kuang Si Waterfall - Luang Prabang
This morning, a cooking class will introduce you to the ingredients and methods used to create some of the Laos people's favorite dishes. The hands-on class is a fun way to learn about Lao cooking and you get to enjoy the results at lunch as you dine on your own dishes. Spend the afternoon on the outskirts of the city as you visit some ethnic minority villages and the crystal clear waters of Kuang Sii Waterfall. Your overnight stay at The Grand, Luang Prabang. Includes: (B), (L).
Day 4: Luang Prabang - Pak Ou - Kamu Lodge
For early risers, there is the chance to witness a spectacular Buddhist ceremony when long lines of orange-robed monks leave their pagodas and walk along the streets to receive offerings from local residents. After breakfast, travel by boat along the Mekong River to visit the mysterious Pak Ou Caves. Here, thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues are crammed into the two caves carved out of a towering limestone cliff. Continue up the river to the Kamu Lodge, an eco-oriented lodge where you can experience optional activities such as rice planting, gold panning and fishing in the Mekong. A unique way to truly experience the Lao culture! Overnight at Kamu Lodge. Includes: (B), (L), (D).
Day 5: Kamu Lodge - Luang Prabang - Vientiane
After a relaxing morning at the lodge, head back to Luang Prabang by boat and visit the Heritage Information Centre. Here you will learn about the importance of preserving the unique heritage and culture of Luang Prabang and the different methods used for that purpose. Afterwards, visit a weaving village to see traditional Lao textiles being created by hand and then on to the unique forest retreat of Wat Pa Phon Pao. A short evening flight takes you in to Vientiane, the capital city. Overnight at Green Park Hotel, Vientiane. Includes: (B).
Day 6: Vientiane. After breakfast, the day will be used to discover the hidden charm of Vientiane. This sleepy capital is far away from the bustle and hustle the other Asian capitals. Your city tour includes several spectacular temples, from the Buddha-filled Wat Sisaket, to the most venerated Wat Simuang, to the religious museum at Wat Phra Keo. Visit Laos' version of the Arc de Triomphe, Patuxay, and marvel at the golden stupa of That Luang. Along the way, you will have the chance to discover the roasting and blending of Laos' delicious coffee. Overnight at Green Park Hotel, Vientiane. Includes: (B).
Day 7: Depart Vientiane. After breakfast, the day is free at your leisure until your transfer to the airport for your departure flight. Includes: (B).
- Accommodation at selected hotels based on Single, Double/Twin Room with breakfast
- Meals as indicated in itinerary. B = Breakfast; L = Lunch; D = Dinner
- English Speaking National Guide
- All entrance fees as indicated in itinerary
- Camera and video cameras fees if applicable
- Land transportation by private air-conditioned vehicles with driver in the itinerary
- Boat trip as mentioned in the program to Pak Ou
- All permissions and local taxes.
- Alcoholic drinks & drinks at mealtime + Optional visits + Personal expenses (Telephone, laundry)
- Visa stamping fee for Laos (visa on arrival, valid 30 days: 30 to 42US$ upon client’s nationality + 1 photo. Passport has to be valid at least 6 months after departure date of the country). Subject to change without prior notice
- Domestic flight Luang Prabang-Vientiane (plus departure taxes)
- Personal travel insurance (should include helicopter evacuation for Laos & repatriation)
- Personal expenses
- Tips for guide, driver, boat crew & hotels’ porters
- Meals other than those mentioned above
- All international flights
- Other services not clearly indicated in the Package Inclusion above.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- The price is a guideline and will vary according to travel dates and room availability. The price is based on two people traveling together during high season and sharing a twin or double room.
- Please contact us to discuss your tailor-made travel requirements.