A trip to the Wachau region will let you ride through one of the most scenic parts of the Danube Bike Trail. This entire region is a UNESCO Heritage Site and for a good reason. There is the beautiful and historic monastery in Melk, the unforgettable scenery as you ride through the vineyards along the Danube and then, quaint Dürnstein with the castle ruins where King Richard the Lionhearted was kept prisoner.
This is what we suggest:
- Take the train to Melk, visit the monastery, bike on the Danube Bike Trail through the Wachau eating lunch in one of the many places along the way, ending the day with a leisurely ride on the train from Krems back to Vienna.
- Train times are subject to changes but as of this writing there was a direct train every hour from Vienna to Melk.
- Travel time: 1:15hours.
- Total distance: 40km.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Bike rental:
* 1 day: € 27 per bike
* 2 days: € 49 per bike
* 3 days: € 68 per bike
- Panniers: € 10 for entire rental period
- Bike Line guide: € 24 including postage
- Train (20 to 50% reduction for second person):
* Vienna-Passau about € 35 (per person)
* Vienna - Melk about € 13 (per person)
* Vienna - Linz about € 26 (per person)
* Budapest - Vienna about € 40 (per person)
* Prag - Vienna about € 65 (per person)
- Bike tickets for trains € 3 to 7, depending on train and line
- Accommodation in B&B`s or private rooms: € 18 to 28 per night/ person (somewhat cheaper in Hungary)
- Bike delivery or pick up:
* Passau: 1 or 2 bikes: € 140
* Budapest: 1 or 2 bikes: € 100, 3 bikes: € 40 per bike, 4 and up: € 35 per bike.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Jan 2009
Client Request Served: 45
Since 1996 we encourage tourists to discover Vienna by bike and provide Vienna hotels and B&Bs with an additional service for their guests. In the process we’ve created another reason to visit Vienna, and a way of combining culture with actively experiencing the city. Vienna offers the perfect setting: over 1,000...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Land Rambler
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend