Fly and Ski, Silvretta Backcountry Ski Touroffered by supplier M14290 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 7 day(s)
Group Size: 6 - 8 people
Destination(s): Austria Switzerland
Specialty Categories: Skiing & Snowboarding
Season: February - May
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 953 Euro (EUR)
Maximum Per Person Price: 953 Euro (EUR)
A superb tour, with 3 stages, with light backpacks (ascent and descent from the same hut). With fifteen years of experience of Tyrol, in Summer, Winter and Spring, we offer you the best services in the comfortable Austrian mountain huts: nights in bedrooms or dormitories with central heating, one liter of tea for your thermos bottle offered each morning by the hut-keeper.
Traveling to Silvretta: three possibilities to reach easily the starting point of this programme - Landeck train station, Austria:
- From Geneva airport, in the guide's car, free round trip shuttle to Landeck (limited number of places available)
- Flying to Innsbrück airport, located at 63 miles from Landeck. Innsbrück airport is linked to Europe main airports: London, Rotterdam, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Lyon. From Innsbrück airport buses depart each 15 minutes to Innsbrück train and bus stations, where you can catch a train to Landeck.
- Night train from Paris.
- Meeting Place: Landeck train station at 2:00 pm, Bus transfer to Ischgl, a typical Tyrolean village.
- Transfer in piste-basher with cabin, from Ischgl up to Heidelberger hut, 7,428 feet. Night by the hut.
- Difference of level: 0 feet up, 0 feet down.
- With light backpacks, Tour and ascent of Larainfernerspitze, 9,872 feet
- Night by Heidelberger hut
- Duration of the stage: 4 hours and a half
- Difference of level: 2,920 feet up, 2,920 feet down.
- Breite Krone, 10,102 feet
- Kronen Joch pass, 9,757 feet
- Jamtal hut, 7,103 feet. Night by the hut
- Duration of the stage: 4 hours and a half
- Difference of level: 2,726 feet up, 3,051 feet down.
- With light bagpacks, the Augstenberg (10,590 feet)
- Night by Jamtal hut
- Duration of the stage: 5 hours and a half
- Difference of level: 3,592 feet up, 3,592 feet down.
- ObenOchsenscharte (9,767 feet)
- Wiesbadner hut (8,015 feet), night by the hut
- Duration of the stage: 4 hours,
- Difference of level: 2,664 feet up, 1,752 feet down.
- With light bagpacks, Fuorcla Dal Cunfin (9,983 feet)
- Silvretta Egghorn (10,325 feet), night by Wiesbadner hut
- Duration of the stage: 5 hours
- Difference of level: 2,657 feet up, 2,657 feet down.
- We end this tour with the ascent of Bieltal Joch (9,094 feet) and the long descent to Galtür (5,197 feet)
- Transfer by bus from Galtür to Landeck. Separation at Landeck around 0:30 pm
- Duration of the stage: 3 hours
- Difference of level: 1,079 feet up, 3,898 feet down
- End of the course by 0:30 pm. in Landeck.
Your mountain guide will do everything possible to make this tour being a success. But, in high altitude, exceptional risks may exist: storms, avalanches, etc. Your guide is responsible for your life and may change the programme of this training course for your safety.
Classic tour requiring a very good control of your skis when going down, whatever the quality of snow may be (you can turn with skis parallel in deep powder snow), or when going up (half turns). You like to ski "off-piste", and you have already practised several ascents in Ski Touring.
You practice twice a week either ski touring, running, biking or swimming. During the two months before this tour, you must either run 30 minutes 3 times a week, bike 3 hours 2 times a week, or practice 6 hours of ski touring each week-end. In the same time, you will practice exercises in a gym to get strong muscles in your legs (quadriceps and calfs mainly).
Like this, you will be perfectly prepared for both ascents and descents, and you will appreciate the pleasure of ski touring on altitude glaciers. The average speed goes from 1,000 to 1,150 feet of rise per hour, with a difference of level climbed each day rising from 1,079 feet to 3,592 feet.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Guiding by a mountain Guide, and all his expenses
- Group equipment
- The loan of a mountaineering harness, a Avalanche Transceiver, a probe and a shovel
- Free round-trip shuttle from Geneva airport for the four first participants registered
- Lodging and half-board in the mountain huts from Day 1, dinner included to Day 7, breakfast included
- One liter of tea for your thermos bottle offered each morning by the hut keeper.
- Optional insurances
- Drinks in the huts
- Personal expenses
- The personal equipment required for this tour
- Transfer from your residence to Landeck, and from Landeck to your residence
- Generally speaking, all the expenses not indicated in the paragraph "price includes".
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Apr 2006
The company was created in 1995 by Marc Démolis, IFMGA Mountain Guide from Chamonix. Ranging among the most experienced teams of IFMGA, our Mountain Guides are not only skilled professionals and teachers, but also passionately fond of the peaks, sites and countries where they will take you off. Selected for their...