Monte Rosa High Routeoffered by supplier M14290 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 5 day(s)
Group Size: 4 people
Destination(s): Switzerland Italy
Specialty Categories: Mountain/Rock Climbing Glacier Tours
Season: June - September
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 1119 Euro (EUR)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1119 Euro (EUR)
Day 1: Meeting time at 7:30 am at Täsch train station, where the road ends (the road to Zermatt is only open to permanent residents of Zermatt). Transfer by train (15') to Zermatt. From Zermatt, the Klein Matterhorn cable cars lift us up to the height 12,532 feet, at Plateau Rosa. Ascent of the two peaks of Breithorn, East peak (13,648 feet asl) and West peak (13,661 feet asl), which offer magnificent wiews on Matterhorn and Monte Rosa. After pic-nic, we will follow the glaciers leading to the beautiful Val d'Ayas Guides' hut, height 11,161 feet. Night by the hut.
Duration of walking: 4 hours 30'. Difference of level : + 1,673 feet up, 3,044 feet down.
Day 2: Leaving the hut at dawn, we climb Castor peak, 13,870 feet, first ascending a easy snow face, and then walking on narrow ridges. Standing on the natural border between Switzerland and Italy, the crests lead us to Peak Felik, 13,700 feet. From there a easy descent will bring us to Sella hut, 11,761 feet. Night by the hut.
Duration of walking: 5 hours. Difference of level: + 2,710 feet up, 2,109 feet down.
Day 3: From Stella hut, we pass through the wide cirque of Lyskamm glacier, and then climb the steep slope of Lyskamm Paso, 13,451 feet. Descent to Lys glacier, and ascent, with no backpacks, of Vincent pyramid, 13,828 feet. Descent to Gnifetti hut, 11,847 feet. Night by the hut.
Duration of walking: 5 hours. Difference of level: + 3,264 feet up, 3,178 feet down.
Day 4: A fantastic day in high altitude, with Himalayan-looking surroundings. We will successively climb Balmenhorn, 13,759 feet, Corno Nero, 14,031 feet, Ludwigshöhe, 14,241 feet, Parrotspitze, 14,540 feet, and Signalkuppe, 14,940 feet on which stands Margarita hut, just above the highest face of the Alps, Marinelli face (8,000 feet high). The atmosphere in this hut is one of a kind.
Duration of walking: 6 hours. Difference of level: + 4,078 feet up, 984 feet down.
Day 5: At dawn, we easily climb, with no backpacks, the ridge of Zumsteinspitze, 14,970 feet asl. From there the long descent of the Gornergletscher will lead us to Monte Rosa hut, after a few zig-zags to avoid huge crevasses. A short descent below the hut, the crossing of a flat glacier and moraines will lead us to the nice footpath going up to Rotenboden train station on the Gornergrat line. Descent to Zermatt by train. Transfer by train to Täsch. Separation in Täsch by mid-afternoon.
Duration of walking: 6 hours. Difference of level: + 1,096 feet up, 6,866 feet down.
- Training: You have soon practiced mountaineering during one week, climbing with crampons. You apply correctly the basic techniques with crampons on easy ascents, descents and crossings. You practice twice a week either running, biking or swimming. During the three months before this training course, you must either run 30 minutes 3 times a week, bike 3 hours 2 times a week, or hike through the hills 8 hours each week-end.
- The Route: Your guide can organize your free roundtrip transfer from Geneva Airport or Chamonix to Täsch. Contact us as soon as you register to this programme, as the number of places for this free roundtrip transfer is limited.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Guiding by a Mountain Guide, and all his expenses
- The following group equipment:
* Radio linked to the relief organization
* First-aid kit
* Survival blanket
* GPS and altimeter
- the loan of a mountaineering harness
- The round-trip train ticket Täsch-Zermatt
- The Klein Matterhorn cable car ticket
- The train ticket from Rotenboden to Zermatt
- Lodging and half-board in the mountain huts during four nights.
- Optional insurances Europ Assistance
- Drinks in the huts
- Personal expenses
- Additional transfers related to a modification of the program
- All the expenses not indicated in the paragraph "Price Includes".
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Apr 2006
The company was created in 1995 by Marc Démolis, IFMGA Mountain Guide from Chamonix. Ranging among the most experienced teams of IFMGA, our Mountain Guides are not only skilled professionals and teachers, but also passionately fond of the peaks, sites and countries where they will take you off. Selected for their...