Junior Argonauts CruisePlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 8 day(s)
Group Size: 10 - 16 people
Specialty Categories: Boating and Sailing Bicycle Touring
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 1980 Euro (EUR)
Maximum Per Person Price: 3380 Euro (EUR)
The Argo-Saronic Gulf in the southeastern Peloponnese has calm, stable waters perfect for a family cruise. The area is a recreation haven. Taking an easy, casual pace, we visit several lovely islands, bike and hike, swim and snorkel, and explore awe-inspiring sites from epic eras of Greek history. The sailing averages two to three hours from one destination to the next.
Day 1: Overnight Aegina port
Welcome to Greece! Get ready to embark on the yacht which will be your family's vacation home for the next eight days. You sail to Aegina island, famous for its pistachios. With bikes on board, you can pedal around the harbor or ambitious bikers can climb up to the Temple of Apollo.
Day 2: Overnight Epidavros port
Sail to Epidavros with a pit stop at Agistri island for some swimming and snorkeling in the Aegean Sea. At the mainland we transfer to Ancient Epidavros to tour the 3rd century BC outdoor theatre (seats 15,000) which is still in use due to its impeccable acoustics. Sitting in the last row, you can hear someone whisper from the stage below. Cycle back to port downhill.
Day 3: Overnight Poros port
Morning sailing to Poros island whose two bays supply all the water sports you will need - water skiing, snorkeling, little boats, sea kayaking, windsurfing. Poros port will charm your heart with its tall clocktower and pastel colored buildings lining the harbor front.
Day 4: Overnight Hydra port
Morning sailing to Hydra island. Hydra is a car-free island whose only transport is mules, foot or boat. It has an elegant artist's colony on the upscale end. While Mom and maybe Dad wander into the art shops, handmade jewelry stores and clothing boutiques, one of the crew takes the kids on a gentle hike inland and upward, ascending to the Profitas Elias monastery.
Day 5: Overnight Spetses port
Morning sailing to Spetses island, home of many wealthy shipbuilders. Spend the day circumnavigating the island by bike, stopping at the beach with an underwater cave you can swim into. Cars are banned in the harbor town, Dapia. Treat the kids to a ride in a horse drawn carriage on the cobble-stoned streets.
Day 6: Overnight Nafplio port
Morning sailing to Nafplio to bike to Mycenae, home of King Agamemnon, with its wondrous circular tombs. He was the ruler who launched the Trojan Wars. Return in time to hike the 999 steps to Palamidi Fortress which offers commanding views of the land and seascapes.
Day 7: Overnight Nafplio port
Nafplio, modern Greece's first capital, is a gorgeous city with children playing in the plazas. In the afternoon you bike along a wide stone and dirt path which hugs the sea taking you to Karathona Beach, suitable for serene swimming.
Day 8:Departure. Vehicle transfer to Athens Airport.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- All dinners with local house wine. All breakfasts. Some lunches depending on the tour.
- All domestic land and sea transportation from tour's designated starting point to tour's end point.
- Transfers to/from the airport
- Lightweight, triple chain ring Road Bike or Hybrid Bike depending on the tour. All bikes come with odometer, 2 water bottles and cages, map holder, rear rack on request.
- An experienced local guide
- A support vehicle ("sag wagon") with driver, snacks, ice cooler, first aid kit, bike tools and spare parts, floor pump and a lift.
- Map of the region with daily, detailed cue sheets
- Entrance fees to major points of interest, such as museums or archaeological sites.
- Gratuities, tips and taxes.
- Airfare to/from Greece or to designated starting/ending points
- Transfers to/from the airport in non-designated hours.