Half Day Tours in and Around Londonoffered by supplier M05608 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 1 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 6 people
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey Archeology/History
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 68 Pound Sterling (GBP)
Maximum Per Person Price: 400 Pound Sterling (GBP)
Your driver-guide will meet you at your hotel with their car and drive you to see the major sights of London. This is the tour for people who are short of time, but have never been to London before. You can see the Queen’s official home, Buckingham Palace, the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben and the Tower of London.
Half day tours (tours up to 4-5 hours):
See the famous sights of London; Westminster Abbey, St. Paul's Cathedral, the Guard Change at Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London, the Houses of Parliament including Big Ben, Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square and much more.
- Windsor Castle: Originally built by King William the Conqueror. Today the castle is an official residence of Her Majesty the Queen. Visit the magnificent State Apartments.
- Wimbledon: Visit the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club to view the world-famous Centre Court.
- Syon Park: The London home of the Duke of Northumberland since 16th c. with some fine Robert Adam interiors.
- Greenwich: Visit the original Royal Observatory built by Sir Christopher Wren. Stand at the Prime Meridian of the World - Longitude 0°. The National Maritime Museum explains Britain's seafaring past.
- Kew Gardens: Home of the Royal Botanic Gardens with a world-wide reputation. 300 acres of plants from many countries. A centre of study and plant conservation.
- Hampton Court Palace: The Palace was started by Cardinal Wolsey in 16th c. King Henry VIII brought his wives here. Later King William III and Queen Mary II commissioned Sir Christopher Wren to rebuild it. Vast Tudor kitchens and gardens with the world-famous maze. Half day tours (Tours up to 5 hours).
- Woburn Abbey: Home of the Dukes of Bedford for nearly 400 years. Important private art, furniture and silver collection. 3000 acre deer park. 40 shop Antique Center.
- Waddesdon Manor: A French Renaissance-style chateau built for Baron Ferdinand de Rothschild, where he could entertain his friends and display his large collection of art and furniture.
- Hever Castle: Anne Boleyn's family home with parts dating from 1270. Visited by King Henry VIII. The estate was bought in 1903 by the American William Waldorf Astor, who restored the house and grounds.
- Rochester: The town associated with Charles Dickens. Visit the Dickens Center, the Norman castle and the Cathedral, which was founded in 604AD.
- Duxford: A former Royal Air Force fighter base. Europe's premier aviation museum. American Air Museum.
- Leeds Castle: The "loveliest castle in the world", set in the middle of a lake, surrounded by 500 acres of parkland and gardens. Aviary and maze.
- Knole: The largest private home in England and birthplace of the writer Vita Sackville-West. Important collection of paintings and furniture.
- Wisley: The 240 acre gardens of the Royal Horticultural Society. Planting ideas, glasshouses and Model Gardens.
- Down House: The family home of Charles Darwin for over 40 years. See where he wrote 'On the Origin of Species'.
- Chartwell: Family home of Sir Winston Churchill from 1924 until his death. See many of his paintings in his garden studio.
- Hatfield House: Built by King James I’s chief minister. Remains of the Old Palace, where Queen Elizabeth I spent her youth.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Price varies depending on length of tour, number of people, distance covered and transportation used.
- 10% non-refundable deposit guarantees the booking. Full payment is due 3 weeks before the tour starts.
- Payments must be made in Pounds Sterling, and can be by international Money Order, Electronic Funds Transfer direct to our bank, or certified bankers’ draft. If you are already in Britain, cash is acceptable.
- Price does not include meals or entrance fees.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Aug 2005
If you want to travel at your own pace, enjoying your own interests, Robina Brown can make it happen for you. She has been providing sightseeing tours by car for over twenty years. She specializes in small private tours in Britain with a customized itinerary. She enjoys working with families and children. Robina is...