Simple PleasuresPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 7 day(s)
Group Size: 10 - 16 people
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey
Season: June - September
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 1075 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1220 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1: Wooden Church & A Picturesque Raft Trip
Start in Zakopane. The first stop is a splendid wooden church in Debno (UNESCO World Heritage). We will drive past the Gothic Niedzica Castle and stop in Pieniny National Park for a little adventure: a comfortable scenic raft trip down the Dunajec River. We will spend next 2 nights in a traditional, historic Polish manor. Before nightfall, a visit to one of the most beautiful castles in Poland: Nowy Wisnicz.
Day 2: Baking bread & The Ornamented Village
After breakfast we will visit Nowy Sacz Etnographic Park to explore a great variety of regional buildings and their interiors. We will participate in baking a traditional bread and will have an opportunity to taste it. Afterwards we will pay a short visit in Tarnow and then go to Zalipie - the ornamented village - for a lesson of painting on pottery supervised by local artists.
Day 3: Renaissance Palace & A Shot Of Vodka
This will be a day on the road with time to admire variety of landscapes in Poland. We will visit the Palace in Lancut - a splendid 17th century aristocratic residence and also the local vodka destillery. Then we will continue to Zamosc and spend two days there.
Day 4: A Day In A Polish Village
A day to restore your vitality: you can try to live in a typical Polish village. We will pay a visit to the open-air museum in Guciow where we will pick berries or mushrooms and then our host will tell you a secret recipe for delicious pierogi (traditional dish), so that you can cook them. In the afternoon barbecue (roasting sausages) and cheerful music performed by village musicians.
Day 5: A Perfect Town & Byzantine Frescos. After sightseeing in Zamosc, we will head north towards the most artistic little Polish town Kazimierz Dolny. On the way we will enjoy wonderful city of Lublin. Accommodation will be provided in a nice hotel in the charming old town of Kazimierz Dolny.
Day 6: Kazimierz Dolny. A day to fully enjoy Kazimierz Dolny located at the Vistula River. We have a special surprise programme for you there.
Day 7: Return. This is the last day of our adventure with Polish countryside and folklore. After a short farewell cruise on the Vistula River to the ruins of the castle in Janowiec we will return to Warsaw (at approximately 16:00).
* Kasna Dolna - 2 nights: Dworek Paderewskiego
* Zamosc - 2 nights: ***Zamojski
* Kazimierz Dolny - 2 nights: ** Stara Laznia.
- Please do not hesitate to contact us if you like this tour. We will be happy to provide you with all details. This tour has two guaranteed dates in 2008 - you can book it immediately. If the dates do not suit you, write us anyway - we will organize a private tour, put you on a new standby list or inform you about additional dates.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Hotel accommodations as above or similar
- Transport (Mercedes Sprinter or similar minibus)
- Professional English-speaking tour manager while on tour;
- 12 diversified meals, including breakfasts and 6 three-course dinner
- All entrance fees (church in Debno, castle in Nowy Wisnicz, Lancut Palace, Holy Trinity Chapel in Lublin)
- Raft trip down the Dunajec river
- Workshops in pottery painting
- Baking a traditional bread in Nowy Sacz Etnographic Park
- Music performance by local talents
- City tours of Zamosc, Lublin and Kazimierz Dolny (professional city guides)
- Information booklet
- Tour organization and travel documents
- Health insurance & tour insurance, all taxes.