Saga Dawa Festival Excursionoffered by supplier M18859 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 17 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 25 people
Specialty Categories: Festival Tours
Season: May - June
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 1000 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2000 US Dollar (USD)
- Dates: 20th May - 5th June
- Destination: Lhasa, Gyantse, Shigatse, Saga, Paryang, Kailash, Lake Manasarovar, Zhangmu
- Maximum Altitude: 5550 m
- Highlights: Yamdok Tso lake, Mount Kaialsh, Lake Manasarovar, Thangla Pass.
Day 1: Kathmandu - Zhangmu (2300 m). Drive from Kathmandu to Kodari and Walk to The Friendship Bridge, then cross the Tibet border, drive uphill to Zhangmu. After completing custom and immigration formalities, stay in Zhangmu or proceed to Nyalam. Overnight: Nyalam or similar.
Day 2: Nyalam (3750 m). Stay at Nyalam for acclimatization. The group will be taken for a 3 hrs trek in Nyalam. Overnight: Htl Nyalam or similar.
Day 3: Saga (4600 m). Drive Nyalam to Saga. Overnight: Hotel Saga.
Day 4: Paryang (4750 m). Drive to Paryang. Overnight: Htl Paryang.
Day 5: Manasarover (4560 m). Drive to Chui Gompa. Circumbulation of Lake Mansarovar. Overnight: Guest House.
Day 6: Darchen (4620 m). Free at Lake Manasarovar. Drive to Darchen. Overnight: Guest House.
Day 7: Darchen. Drive to Serlung Monastery and to Nandi Parbat for an excellent view of Mount Kailash. The Group will stay at Darchen and make finalpreparation for the Kailash Parikarma. Overnight: Guest House.
Day 8: Full day excursion around Darpoche (Saga Dawa).
Day 9: Dirapuk. Drive ahead of Tarboche to the trek starting point of Kailash Parikarma (13 Kms). Trek to Dirapuk (4860 m). Overnight: Guest House.
Day 10: Trek to Zuthul Puk (4760 m). Overnight: Guest House.
Day 11: Darcheng - Horchu. End Kailash Kora 10 Kms approx 3-4 Hrs Trek. Drive to Paryang 270 Kms 6-7 Hrs. Overnight: Htl Paryang.
Day 12: Saga (4600 m). Overnight: Htl Saga.
Day 13: Rongbuk (3750 m). Drive to Nyalam.
Day 14: Excursion EBC.
Day 15: Drive to Nyalam.
Day 16: Drive to Kathmandu. Drive downhill to Zhangmu and Friendship Bridge where transportation awaits for the final leg of journey to Kathmandu. Overnight: hotel.
Day 17: Departure. Shopping in the morning time & transfer to airport for onward journey.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Sightseeing tour as per above programs
- Land Transfer by Toyota Landcruiser
- Supporter Truck
- Tibet travel permit
- Tibetan English speaking guide during the tour
- Twin sharing accommodation as per tour program
- Camping gears, two men tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent & all kitchen gears
- Full board meal during the camping section
- Yak and Yak men, cook, helpers
- Staff insurance
- Monasteries entrance fees and Grassland fee/Pax and Vehicles, Kailash Kora fee.
- Cold drinks alcoholic beverages
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu and Tibet (besides camping section)
- Nepal visa
- Nepal Re- entry visa
- Travel insurance
- Tips for guide, porters, driver, and yak men.
Note: You can travel from China either from Nepal or travel back to Mainland China.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Nov 2008
M18859 is an adventure tour company operated by a group of experienced Tibetan people who are from different parts of Tibet. It was established in 1993 in Lhasa, the capital city Tibet. We are one of the best specialists in Tibet providing deluxe, standard and budget custom designed tours all around the Tibetan...