Shangri La Trekoffered by supplier M18859 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 26 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 25 people
Specialty Categories: Hiking & Trekking
Season: April - October
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 2600 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 5200 US Dollar (USD)
Although linked in spiritual tradition, the two mountains could not be more different in their physical environments. Kawakarpo anchors one of a series of north-south ranges that divide the plunging, parallel river valleys of the Mekong, Yangtze and Salween. In sharp contrast to the stark landscape surrounding Kailas, Kawakarpo is surrounded by lush semi-tropical forest, home to over 1,000 bird species, an estimated 2,000 endemic plant species and such exotic mammals as forest leopard, barking deer, and red panda. Diversity and brilliance extend into the multitude of ethnic groups, which include Khampa Tibetans.
Day 1: Fly to Chengdu. Meet the Tibet agent.
Day 2: Drive from Chengdu to Kanding.
Day 3: Drive to Lithang.
Day 4: Drive to Bathang.
Day 5: Drive to Markham.
Day 6: Drive to Decheng.
Day 7: Drive to Kawa Karpo & Mayyang Via Felasi monastery(The Best View of Mt.Kawa Karpo).
Day 8: Start trekking to glacier Via Gontok Monastery and Gonmey Monastery Back to Mayyang.
Day 9: Rest and Hire the yaks for next trekking.
Day 10: Next morning trekking to Xithang Via Hot spring.
Day 11: Trekking to Upper Yupu Via Nangzokla Pass.
Day 12: Trekking to Glacier lake and Back to Upper Yupu.
Day 13: Trekking to Lower Yupu.
Day 14: Lower Yupu to Water falling of Palmasambhava(Guru Ringpoche Hermitage)and back to Lower Yupu.
Day 15: Trekking Back to Xithang Hot spring.
Day 16: Explore around Hot Spring.
Day 17: Drive to Bamda.
Day 18: Drive to Chamdo.
Day 19: AM:Visit Champaling Monastery. PM:Rest.
Day 20: Drive to Karmagong Monastery-to Chamdo.
Day 21: Drive to Derge.
Day 22: Visit Derge print House.
Day 23: Drive to Tartsedo.
Day 24: Drive to Kanding.
Day 25: Drive to Chegndu.
Day 26: Fly to Bankok.
- Destination: Chengdu, Kanding, Kanze, Derge, Chamdo, Tartsedo
- Maximum Altitude: 5550 m
- Best Season: April, May, June, Aug, Sept, Oct
- Photo Sport: Derger, Chamdo, Mount Kawa Karpo.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Sightseeing tour as per above programs
- Land transfer by Toyota Landcruiser
- Supporter truck
- Tibet travel permit
- Tibetan English speaking guide during the tour
- Twin sharing accommodation as per tour program
- Camping gears, two men tent/dining tent/kitchen tent/toilet tent & all kitchen gears
- Full board meal during the camping section
- Yak and Yak men, cook, helpers
- Staff insurance
- Monasteries entrance fees and Grassland fee/Pax and Vehicles, Kailash Kora fee
- Driver License
- Temporary Plate Number.
- Cold drinks alcoholic beverages
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu and Tibet (besides camping section)
- Nepal visa
- Nepal re-entry visa
- Travel insurance
- Tips for guide, porters, driver and yak men.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Nov 2008
M18859 is an adventure tour company operated by a group of experienced Tibetan people who are from different parts of Tibet. It was established in 1993 in Lhasa, the capital city Tibet. We are one of the best specialists in Tibet providing deluxe, standard and budget custom designed tours all around the Tibetan...