Jewish Rome Private Walking TourPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 1 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 6 people
Specialty Categories: Walking Tours Cultural Journey
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 50 Euro (EUR)
Maximum Per Person Price: 130 Euro (EUR)
- Duration: 3 hrs
- Type of tour: Private walking tour
* 240 Euro for 2-3 participants
* 260 Euro for 4-6 participants.
- Private tour only for you and your party
- Highly selected guides with outstanding academic background
- Entertaining and friendly style
- Officially licensed guides
- Reservations to avoid lines
- Meeting at your hotel
- Customized itinerary upon request.
This private tour will start with the visit of The Ghetto, the quarter where the Jewish people were segregated in 1555 by Pope Paul IV. It is a very old and characteristic neighborhood, with small alleys and squares, full of artisans shops, kosher restaurants and stores. Then we will visit the main Synagogue of Rome, built only after Italy's unification in 1870, when the Jews were given Italian citizenship.
Not far from the Synagogue is Trastevere, the area where the Jewish community lived from Roman times until the Renaissance. This is one of the most picturesque quarters in all of Rome, and also known for its many excellent small restaurants and an active night life. Here we will visit a beautiful church of the Middle Ages, Santa Maria in Trastevere, particularly famous for the wonderful mosaics decoration.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.