Untouched WildernessPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 16 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 12 people
Destination(s): Gabon Sao Tome and Principe
Specialty Categories: National Parks Wildlife Viewing
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 4876 Euro (EUR)
Maximum Per Person Price: 5441 Euro (EUR)
Day 1: Arrival in Libreville, Gabon
Upon arrival at Libreville International Airport, our representative will meet you and bring you to your hotel. He or she will help you with the customs procedures and collecting of your luggage. After that you will be brought to the Hotel Le Méridien. You can spend the evening as you like; there is no organized programmer. Lodging: Hotel Le Méridien, Libreville
Day 2: Evengué Island & Fernan-Vaz Gorilla Sanctuary
On Evengué Island, our experts of the Fernan-Vaz Gorilla Project will share their knowledge with you on the bush meat crisis and other reasons why gorillas are a critically endangered species, and they will give you information about the Fernan-Vaz Gorilla Sanctuary and Rehabilitation & Reintroduction Programme. Afterwards one of the guides will accompany you on a short bush walk leading to the gorilla family in the sanctuary. Lodging: Evengue Lodge.
Day 3: Boat trip on Mpivié River to Loango Lodge. After breakfast, you will start the boat trip up the dark waters of the Mpivié River to Loango Lodge. Upon arrival at Loango Lodge you will be welcomed with refreshments and shown to your room. Lodging: Loango Lodge.
Day 4-6: Tassi / Akaka (depending on the season):
- Tassi region is open all year round, however, during the rainy season, elephants and buffalos roam freely on the beach. Lodging: Tassi Savannah Camp.
- Akaka region is open all year round, however, during the rainy season, the staff will determine if it is possible to go on either a day trip or an overnight trip, depending on the weather conditions and number of tsee tsee flies, mosquitoes and other insects. Lodging: Akaka Bush Camp.
Day 7: Pte. Ste. Cathérine Beach
Here you can walk alongside the beach, collect the shells and fishing are amongst the possibilities. You can also simply relax here, with one of the most beautiful beaches on earth all to yourself. During the rainy season, from November to April, Pte. Ste. Cathérine sunsets are even better than usual. Lodging: Pte. Ste. Cathérine Beach Camp.
Day 8: Return to Loango Lodge, safaris possibilities in Loango National Park:
- Game drives in a 4x4 jeep
- Walking safaris through the forest
- Cultural walks
- Whale watching: the best viewing is From mid-July to mid-September, where humpback whales visit the coastline of Loango National Park
Day 9: Flight to São Tomé
In the afternoon, the Africa’s Connection flight will fly to São Tomé Airport via Port Gentil and Libreville, where the Omali Lodge staff will be waiting to meet you. The Omali Lodge Luxury Hotel is only a 5 minute drive from the airport. Before dinner time, you will have some time to settle into your room, to take a swim in the pool or to enjoy a drink at the pool side bar. Lodging: Omali Lodge Luxury Hotel.
Day 10: Day on São Tomé: excursions possibilities, or relaxation time. Lodging: Omali Lodge Luxury Hotel.
Day 11: Flight to Príncipe
You will arrive in Bom Bom Island Resort around lunch time. After lunch, you have time to settle into your room, take a swim in the pool or the ocean, relax at one of the secluded beaches of the resort and to enjoy a cocktail from the private terrace of your bungalow or to go on your first excursion to discover the island. Lodging: Bom Bom Island Resort.
Day 12 - 14: Day on Príncipe: excursions possibilities, or relaxation time. Lodging: Bom Bom Island Resort.
- Santo Antonio City Tour
- Diving & Snorkeling
- Whale watching.
Day 15: Flight to São Tomé
In the morning, you will return to Omali Lodge Luxury Hotel on São Tomé. You can continue to explore the island or enjoy the relaxing atmosphere around the pool of the lodge, or on the beach across from the lodge. Lodging: Omali Lodge Luxury Hotel.
Day 16: Flight to Libreville, Gabon. In the late afternoon you will be brought to the airport for your return flight to Libreville, Gabon, from where you will connect to your international flight.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Meet & greet at Libreville International Airport
- Transfer to/from Libreville Airport Hotel Le Méridien, Libreville
- Overnight & breakfast in Hotel Le Méridien
- Overnights in our accommodation in Loango National Park
- Meals in Loango National park
- All park fees in Loango National Park
- Excursions in Loango National Park
- Flights during the programme, all passenger taxes
- Meet & greet at São Tomé airport; transfer to/from Omali Lodge Luxury Hotel
- Meet & greet at Principe airport, transfer to/from Bom Bom Island Resort
- Full board accommodation at Bom Bom Island Resort
- Half board accommodation at Omali Lodge Luxury Hotel
- Administration fee.