Suriname with Britsh Guyana and Franch Guyanaoffered by supplier M19531 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 8 - 30 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 12 people
Destination(s): French Guiana Suriname Guyana
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey Rainforest
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 1500 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 9000 US Dollar (USD)
Visit Suriname, Guyana and French Guiana as new "undiscovered" destination.
Fly into one of the Guiana's and start your trip. An itinerary of your requested amount of days will give you the highlights of these countries.
Guyana - former British Guiana - has the highlights as: the inner city and buzy Stabroek market, the biggest wooden cathedral in the Caribean, historical buildings of before 1800, the Kaieteur falls with its single water drop of 740 ft located in the Kaieteur National Park, the surrounding areas of George Town, Orinduik falls, the Rupununi savannah with Amerindian villages and the Iwokrama Rainforest Research center in the middle of the jungle to explore in this English speaking country.
In Suriname - former Dutch Guiana - where everybody speaks his own cultural language, understands and speaks English and where Dutch is the official language, a city tour where you can experience the wooden buildings from its colonial period and part of the Unesco heritage site, nature parks on driving distance, nature and jungle resorts with wildlife spotting, jungle lodges in the Maroon and Amerindian villages, nesting sea turtles (seasonable) and at least 727 bird kinds.
In French Guiana - still colony of France- a visit at the transpotation Camp in St. Laurant Du Maronie where Papillion was as a prisoner, the space center in Kouru and the space museum, as well Devils Island are very interesting places. In Cayenne the capital city of French Guyana you will find the palm gardens, musea and lots of historical buildings.
Some interesting points of this itinerary:
- Diversity in culture through the countries
- Pure nature, all the Guiana’s has a minimum of 80% tropical rainforest
- Authentic cultures, Maroons and Amerindian people still live in and from the jungle
- lots of colonial buildings, because all these countries were colonies
- New tourist destination, these countries are not yet discovered
- Last but not least: good food!
Recommended minimum days for this tour is at least 8 days.
Overnight in good hotels depending on budget, and transfers to the countries are available by land and air. We recommend overland transport so you can get a better experience and you will see lots more for sure.......
How to visit:
- direct flights to Guyana and Suriname from the USA
- direct flight from The Netherlands to Suriname
- direct flights from France and Martinique to French Guiana
- direct flights from the Caribbean, so a combination is recommended!
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Transportation from and to the airport
- Accommodation in 3* Hotel downtown
- All transportation services
- Accommodation based on double room
- Breakfast on all the days
- All local tax, entrée fees in parks and villages as well as the excursions
- English speaking local guide.
- Ticket to and from Suriname
- Additional fee for single room
- Airport tax
- Personal expenditures and tips, Insurance, Alcoholic drinks, Vaccines.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Jun 2009
We are a tour operator and Destination Management Company for the Guianas located in Suriname South America. We provide services for individual tours, group tours and private tours. Airport transfers and transfers within the Guianas (Guyana, Suriname and Trinidad). We also offer tours and excursions in Trinidad and...