Ancient Rome TourPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 1 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 6 people
Specialty Categories: Walking Tours Archeology/History
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 50 Euro (EUR)
Maximum Per Person Price: 120 Euro (EUR)
Your private tour starts at Basilica San Clemente, a very ancient church in the centre of Rome. Here you will explore the underground excavations, including an earlier basilica and, deep under the current church, a first century Roman street and house, complete with a Mithraic temple. Few steps from the basilica and you will reach the Colosseum. You will go inside this incredible monument to see where the gladiators fought to the death.
Entering will be quick and easy as we will make reservations in advance to skip the long queues.The tour will continue going through the Roman Forum, the commercial, religious and political center of the ancient Romans. Here your private guide will tell you the history and the legends that will make come alive this marvellous archeological site. You will then go up to the Capitoline Hill, to see the perfect Renaissance Square, Piazza del Campidoglio, which was designed by Michelangelo.
- Type of tour: walking tour
- Duration: 3-3.5 hours
* 240 Euro for 2-3 participants
* 260 Euro for 4-6 participants
- Reservation to skip the line included
- Entrance fees not included (19 Euro per person).
- Private tour only for you and your party
- Highly selected guides with outstanding academic background
- Entertaining and friendly style
- Officially licensed guides
- Reservations to avoid lines
- Meeting at your hotel
- Customized itinerary upon request.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.