Makasutu Night Excursionoffered by supplier M19594 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 1 day(s)
Group Size: 12 - 40 people
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 77 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 77 US Dollar (USD)
On arrival guests will be given complementary alcoholic and non-alcoholic punch, which will be free flowing throughout the evening. Makasutu is a tremendous place as it is filled with a unique culture and setting. Before things get under way there will be a small introduction talk explaining the events that will take place during the course of the evening some of which will be:
- Ataya (local tea)- A demonstration and participation in this traditional Gambian past time while relaxing on the cushions with the balaphone (traditional Gambian instrument) player in the background.
- Sand BBQ- An explanation into the cooking methods using hot sand, which is still used in parts of Africa (very interesting)
- Choko- African droughts using sticks in the sand. You have the opportunity to rise to the challenge and see if you can beat the locals at their own game!
- Relaxation- Base camp is the perfect place to relax. Lie back in a hammock, or pick a spot by the riverside and soak up the atmosphere as the sun goes down.
- Glow flies- after sunset a 2 minute guided walk by torch light into the forest will bring you to the glow flies that twinkle like fairy lights against the darkness.
During all this time you will have the opportunity to wander around freely while their will also be your guide on hand to give you information on an informal basis. Before dinner hurricane lamps and the campfire will be lit to create a magical setting. Dinner will be served buffet style with the following food available:
- Fish wrapped in Banana leaves (from the sand)
- BBQ Chicken
- BBQ Steak kebabs
- Baked potatoes (from the sand)
- Rice Salad
- Green Salad
- Baked fruit with syrup for dessert (from the sand)
Over dinner the lights will dim as the drums are heard from a distance. Acrobats will arrive by boat guided by the flames from their torches. African dancing, fire eating and acrobatic displays will be performed to the beating of the drums around the fire. After dinner and dessert the acrobats and their drums will accompany you back to your vehicles (African style) for your return journey to your hotels. Enjoy!
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Jul 2009
M19594 is a family run enterprise, which started in 1983 as a ground handling company. The Company was formed in order to assist tour operators and helps provide a solid structure for the tourist industry in The Gambia. M19594 also participates in several social and cultural events all over the Gambia, e.g. the...