Cycling Bordeaux's MedocPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 5 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 20 people
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring
Season: April - October
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 665 Euro (EUR)
Maximum Per Person Price: 695 Euro (EUR)
This route provides perfect traffic free flat roads through stretches of vineyards, charming villages, lakes, forests and quaint ports of the Gironde.
Day 1: Arrival in Bordeaux and transfer to Pian Medoc
You will arrive at Bordeaux’s train station or airport. Our taxi partner will then transfer you to Pian Medoc, where you can relax at your 3-star hotel and indulge in exquisite tastes of French cuisine and Bordeaux’s wines. Why not try the local red wines of Haut-Medoc, take a dip in the pool and a stroll across the 6 acres of park? … Just a taste of what’s still to come!
Day 2: ‘Route des Châteaux’ from Le Pian-Medoc to Moulis-en-Medoc (approximately 40 km or 24 miles)
Your day’s itinerary will take you on the “Route des Châteaux,” through some of the world’s most famous vineyards and… chateaux! From Pian Medoc to the base of the Gironde estuary, at Macau you will glide the estuary, towards Margaux, Moulis- en-Médoc, St Julien … Among others, you will ride by the 17th Century Chateau Beychevelle. Your day’s destination is a charming guesthouse in the heart of the “Medoc Rouge.”
Day 3: Reflection of the Vineyards on the River from Moulis to Pauillac (approximately 53 km or 33 miles)
Today’s ride may be the longest… but also the richest in sites and scenery. Cycling from village to village, from vineyard to vineyard, and from castle to castle, you will reach Pauillac, the crown jewel of the Medoc. Pauillac features no less than 18 spectacular chateaux including the world-renown “Chateau Mouton Rothschild.” After exploring, you can relax in a 3-star charming guesthouse set amidst vineyards.
Day 4: The lowland with the multiple facets along the Gironde estuary (40 to 50 km or 24 to 31 miles)
You will take an easy ride along the left bank of the Gironde. Your detailed itinerary will take you through tiny picturesque fishing ports such as St Christoly or La Marechale. Further on, “the Lighthouse of Richard” offers a magnificent view over the Gironde.
Day 5: Transfer to Bordeaux’s train station / airport or Optional additional Day
After breakfast, we’ll transfer you to Bordeaux. Additional night can be booked in Bordeaux.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Pricing: From 665 euros per person sharing a double room.
▪ 665 euros per person in April & October. Single supplement is 160 euros
▪ 680 euros per person in May, June & September. Single supplement is 165 euros
▪ 695 euros per person in July & August. Single supplement is 170 euros
This price includes:
- 4 nights in a 3-star hotel and 2 guesthouses
- Daily breakfast
- 4 dinners (drinks are not included)
- Marked maps and/or cue sheets
- Transfer from Bordeaux to your first place of stay on Day 1
- Transfer from last place of stay to Bordeaux on Day 5
- Luggage transfers
- Route notes and tourist information
- Assistance if necessary (you will be provided with our local representative’s mobile number)
- All tax and service charges
This price does not include:
- Expenses of personal nature
- Travel insurance
- Bicycle rentals. Hybrids are available at the rate of 70 euros per bike