Drawing and Painting Rocks, Water and Sky with C.A.S. Alkydpro PaintsPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 7 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 15 people
Specialty Categories: Painting Cultural Journey
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 1705.5 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1895 US Dollar (USD)
We will learn different techniques and practice various exercises that will help the participants to see and perform optical analysis on the various elements of their perceptions. Working both in the studio and painting in plein air at the beautiful sites surrounding the Casa, we will develop a repertoire of methodology that we will be able to apply in many situations.
We will take advantage of the beautiful Boca and surrounding areas that offer unlimited details and vistas for both study and generating the inspiration necessary to fill our work with the passion of nature. We will study closely the structure and textures of rocks and analyze the anatomy of waves, as well as he sea and water. We will also learn about capturing "formlessness" to convincingly portray sky and clouds. Masla will provide demonstrations, exercises and techniques in various media required to portray the illusions of dimension, solidity, liquidity, atmosphere and light.
We will also be covering such subjects as: "the use and expressive quality of line", "tone and value", "planes, contours and gestures", edges, hard, soft and implied", "color and light" and "composition and design". Demonstrations will be done in various drawing media, watercolor, acrylic as well as oil and alkyd. Students may do the longer studies in the media of their preference. Earth, water, air and fire (light) - communicating and portraying these 4 elements that comprise the natural world and filling them with spirit that animates the life energy pulsating through them- this is the challenge faced by the artist who paints the landscape and seascape.
Masla will gently guide you to uncover your unique signature expression to give "life energy" to your rejuvenated creations. You will leave the workshop with a greater understanding of the techniques for rendering rocks, sea and sky, and an expanded sense of the passion and connectedness required to imbue your work with this energy.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Round trip ground transportation from P.V. airport and the Casa
- 7 nights accommodation (single private bath not extra)
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 6 dinners at ocean side restaurant
- 6 days of art workshops
- 2 picnic day trip excursions - hiking or boating to destinations for snorkeling, swimming, waterfalls, art making and exploration.
- 1 trip to mountain town of El Tuito for sketching and plain air painting
- Lunch at Altamira Hacienda Restaurant
- 1 evening excursion to Puerto Vallarta for Gallery Walk Tour, shopping and city life.
- Round trip air transportation from your airport to Puerto Vallarta International airport
- 1 dinner (night of Gallery Walk in Puerto Vallarta), any modest gratuities you wish to give to the Casa Cooks and House Care Persons
- Personal items