8 Days Escorted Cycling in Lithuania and LatviaPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 8 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 21 people
Destination(s): Lithuania Latvia
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring
Season: June - August
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 845 Euro (EUR)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1149 Euro (EUR)
- 2015 Dates:
*G2-1 * 07.06-14.06.2015
*G2-2 * 21.06-28.06.2015
*G2-3 * 05.07-12.07.2015
*G2-4 * 19.07-26.07.2015
*G2-6 * 02.08-09.08.2015
*G2-8 * 16.08-23.08.2015
- Cycling Distance: cycling app. 225 km.
Day 1: Arrive in Vilnius. Welcome meeting at the hotel with tour guide. Overnight in Vilnius.
Day 2: Trakai Island Castle & Kaunas
City tour of Vilnius, capital of Lithuania for more than 600 years. Afternoon trip to Trakai, the former capital of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. Visit the 14th C island castle. Then cycling through picturesque countryside on gentle hills and transfer by coach to the hotel in Kaunas. (Cycle ~30 km/19 mi., bus ~110 km/69 mi.).
Day 3: The Nemunas River Delta & Curonian Lagoon
Morning transfer along the Nemunas River to the coast. In the afternoon cycling to Ventė Cape including visit to a bird observatory and the 19th C lighthouse which was used for more than 100 years. Take a boat across the Curonian Lagoon to Nida (1.5 hours) and cycle to the hotel. (Cycle ~35 km/22 mi., bus ~200 km/125 mi., by boat ~14 km/9 mi.)
Day 4: Along the Curonian Spit to Klaipėda
Sightseeing around Nida, one of the most beautiful resorts in Lithuania. Cycling on the Seaside Cycle Route along the Curonian Spit to Klaipėda. En route stop at the “Dead” sand dunes and colony of grey herons and cormorants, visit the Hill of Witches. Overnight in Klaipėda (Cycle ~ 60 km/38 mi.).
Day 5: Klaipeda to Palanga by bike then drive to Riga
Cycling to Palanga through the Seaside Regional Park and visiting the Botanical Garden and Amber Museum in the Palace of Count Tyszkiewicz. Afternoon transfer to Riga (Latvia). En route stop at the Hill of Crosses, the unforgettable sight of thousands of crosses on two small hills. Overnight in Riga. (Cycle ~30 km/19 mi., bus ~290 km/181 mi.)
Day 6: Riga & Jurmala Beach
Morning guided tour of a medieval hanseatic town of Riga. In the afternoon cycling to Jurmala, the largest resort in the Baltic States well known for its long white sand beaches. Transfer back to the hotel in Riga. (Cycle ~ 30 km/19 mi., bus ~ 20 km/12.5 mi.).
Day 7: Gauja National Park & Bicycle Museum
Cycling through Gauja National Park to Saulkrasti, en route enjoy spectacular views of Gauja River valley with Gutmana Cave, explore ruins of the 13thC Crusaders Castle in Sigulda, visit Turaida Castle and the oldest Latvian Church, Krimulda, built in 1205. Transfer to the hotel in Riga. (Cycle ~40 km/25 mi., bus ~100 km/62.5 mi.)
Day 8: Tour ends in Riga. Breakfast at the hotel. End of the tour.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- EUR 845.00 p/p (double occupancy)
- EUR 180.00 p/p (single supplement).
- 7 nights stay in hotels (rooms with WC/shower)
- 7 x breakfast
- 2 x dinners
- Bike rental with a back pannier
- Mineral water at your disposal on cycling days
- Welcome meeting with a glass of wine or beer
- Services of local tour guide(s) on days 2-7
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Luggage transport
- Boat trips across the Curonian Lagoon to Nida
- Ferry tickets to Klaipeda
- Entrance to museums: Vilnius University, Trakai Castle, Th.Mann’s House, Amber in Palanga, Turaida Castle, Bicycle in Saulkrasti
- Individual information package (one per room)
- Arrival/departure transfer by car (1-2 persons) - 30 EUR/transfer
- E-bike supplement – 125 EUR/person
- 5 dinners package (3 courses with coffee/tea) – 94 EUR/person.