8 Days Self - Guided Cycling Along the Lithuanian Seasideoffered by supplier M19790 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 8 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 10 people
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring
Season: May - September
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 499 Euro (EUR)
Maximum Per Person Price: 971 Euro (EUR)
- 15 departures any date with min. 4 people
- Cycling Distance: cycling app. 250 km.
Day 1: Arrive in Klaipėda. Arrive in Klaipėda. Individual transfer to the hotel (not included). Overnight in Klaipėda.
Day 2: Along the Seaside Cycle Route to Palanga, ~55 km/35 mi. Information welcome meeting and bicycle collection at the hotel, where you will be greeted by local tour operator. Cycle to Palanga resort (Botanical Park & Amber Museum) and back along cycle route leading through Giruliai Forest and the Seaside Regional Park. Overnight in Klaipėda
Day 3: Klaipėda-Švėkšna-Šilutė, ~ 44 km/28 mi., minibus ~40 km/25 mi. Transfer by minibus to the inland where start your cycling ride on picturesque countryside roads through Pamarys meadows to Šilutė. En route stop in Švėkšna village to explore the estate with its beautiful park and impressive neo-Gothic church of St.Jacob the Apostle. Overnight in Šilutė.
Day 4: Rusnė Island, ~ 45 km/28 mi. Explore Šilutė and go for a circular cycling trip to Rusnė Island, Lithuania’s only island, located in the Nemunas River Delta Regional Park. En route you can explore a traditional fisherman’s smallholding at the Rusnė museum and the 19th C lighthouse in Uostadvaris Harbour. Overnight in Šilutė
Day 5: Crossing the Curonian Lagoon, cycling ~33 km/21 mi., by boat ~14 km/9 mi. Cycling to Ventė Cape where you may visit a bird ringing station with a museum of ornithology and another 19th C lighthouse. Take a boat to cross the Curonian Lagoon to Nida (~1.5 hrs). Overnight in Nida.
Day 6: Free day in Nida ~10 km/6 mi. Free day to explore Nida which is a former old fishermen’s village on the Curonian Spit washed by the Baltic Sea from on one side and the Curonian Lagoon on the other side. Today Nida is the most beautiful resort in Lithuania famous for impressive sand dunes and long sand beaches.
Day 7: Nida-Juodkrantė -Klaipėda, ~ 60 km/38 mi. Cycling on a bike path, part of the Seaside Cycle Route which takes you along the Curonian Spit to Klaipėda. En route you can explore the “Dead” sand dunes, watch a colony of grey herons & cormorants, visit the Hill of Witches. Finally take a ferry to the Old Town of Klaipėda where stay the last night.
Day 8: Klaipėda. After breakfast departure home or staying longer.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- EUR 499.00 p/p (double occupancy)
- EUR 190.00 / 230.00 p/p (single supplement June / July-August)
- EUR 30.00 (season supplement, July-August).
- 7 nights stay at 3 star hotels
- All hotel taxes
- Breakfast daily
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel
- transfer by minibus on day 3
- Boat trip across the Curonian Lagoon to Nida
- Personalized individual information package (maps, program and route description)
- Emergency alarm number.
- Arrival or departure transfer by car (1-3 people) - 48 EUR per transfer (Palanga Airport) or 35 EUR per transfer (Klaipeda ferry terminal) or 29 EUR per transfer (Klaipeda central ferry terminal);
- Rental of hybrid trekking bicycle with 24-speed derailleur gears or 7-speed hub gears & back pedal break + waterproof pannier - 60 EUR/person
- Rental of E-bike with waterproof panniers – 150 EUR/person
- 7 dinners package (3-course + coffee/tea) – 125 EUR/person.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Oct 2009
M19790 is the only incoming tour operator in Lithuania specializing in cycling holidays. We are experts on cycling in the Baltic States (Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia) and Russia (Kaliningrad District) since 2001. Besides guaranteed departure, escorted and self-guided cycling tours, we provide a full range of services for...