Climbing Tour to Matterhorn, Switzerland (6 Days)offered by supplier M15357 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 4 - 5 day(s)
Group Size: 2 people
Specialty Categories: Mountain/Rock Climbing Hiking & Trekking
Season: June - September
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 2750 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2750 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1: Train journey from Zermatt to Rotenboden. Rock climbing training on the Riffelhorn, 2927 m, with magnificent views, 4 hours. Hike to Zermatt.
Day 2: Cable car ride from Zermatt to the Klein Matterhorn, 3820 m. We climb the Pollux 4092 m in 2½ hours (ice and rock climbing) and descend to the Val-d`Ayas Hut at 3430 m in Italy in 1½ hours. Overnight.
Day 3: Full traverse of the Breithorn, 4163 m, 7 hours (ice and rock climbing). Return to Zermatt from Klein Matterhorn with the cable car.
Day 4: Free morning. Relaxed and acclimatised you take in the afternoon the cable car from Zermatt to Schwarzsee at 2583 m, hike to the Hörnli Hut at 3260 m, 2 hours.
Day 5: Ascent of the Matterhorn, 4477 m, via the Hörnli ridge, 4 hours to the summit. 4 hours return to the Hörnli Hut. Lunch and hike to the Schwarzsee. Cable car ride back to Zermatt.
Day 6: Day in reserve, in case of bad weather or conditions.
Supplemental Tour Information:
Demand: technical very good, very good fitness, very good experience with crampons in rock and ice
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- 1 mountain guide for 3 days
- 2 mountain guides for the Matterhorn ascent (1 guest per mountain guide)
- Lift passes for the guests
- Lunch and beverages
Transport costs of mountain guides:
- 1 overnight stay with half board in the Ayas Hut for 2 guests and 1 mountain guide
- 1 overnight stay with half board in the Hörnli Hut for 2 guests and 2 mountain guides
- 1 Matterhorn certificate per guest.
- Days 1 - 3: 2 guests per mountain guide
- Day 5, only 1 guest per mountain guide
- Price for 5 days: US $ 2750 per person by 2 guests (without mountain guide on day 4)
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Nov 2006
Welcome to the Mountains! For over 22 years, we have been taking guests from around the world into the mountains. With small groups and customized programs, each tour is guaranteed to be a tremendous experience. Our aim and objective – complete customer satisfaction! It would be our pleasure to have you as our...