Lake Natron Mt Oldonyo Lengai SafariPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 4 - 6 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 12 people
Specialty Categories: Volcano Tours Wildlife Viewing
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 680 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1250 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1: Arusha - Lake Natron. Depart from Arusha with picnic lunch boxes to Lake Natron Area via Mto Wa Mbu. On the way stopping at Engaruka Irrigation ruin. This is one of the oldest irrigation system to be found in Africa, as of date it is not know who had constructed it. From Engaruka proceed to a Meteorite crater known by the Maasai tribesman as Shimo la Mungu, from here then proceed to Lake Natron bush Camp for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Lake Natron - climb Mt Oldonyo Lengai (mountain of the Maasai gods)
At 2:00 a.m. clienst will start your climb to the peak of Oldonyo Lengai - still an active volcano! Please strictly comply with instructions of your guide! The chance of seeing eruptions or effluents of cold lava (black and about 500°C) is really big. Clienst will have a fantastic and unique view from the peak! Clients can see the Kitumbeine, Kerimasi and Empakai Crater and by luck Mt. Meru too. Like a Fata Morgana Lake Natron lies beneath clienst feet. Return to Lake Natron Bush camp, the day is spent resting at the camp, then in the afternoon clients will carefully walk to a gorge. After 30 minutes clients will reach a place which you would never have expected in this dry and desert-like area: waterfalls, natural Jacuzzi and palms! Clients will feel like in paradise! Returning to Camp for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Lake Natron - Piyaya
After breakfast on this day of safari clients will drive towards the border of Kenya Shampole.on the way to Piyaya clients will stop at a hot water spring, then proceed to Piyaya, from Piyaya clients will drive adjacent to the Rift Valley Wall and come to a place where clients will get to see Red crust of Salt as far as clients eyes can see. From Piyaya clients will then drive back to Lake Natron Bush camp, stop at a Maasai village who harvest the Salt from the lake and then proceed to camp. Late in the Afternoon clients will be driven to the shores of Lake Natron to see the Flamingos and then have a sun downer at the Sun downers hill. Returning to Camp for dinner overnight.
Day 4: Lake Natron - Arusha. On this forth day of safari clients will rive back to Arusha or continue with there on going safari
End of safari.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- All transfers according to program
- Entrance fees to all National Parks
- Extra-fees for Ngorongoro Crater
- Scout fees
- Overnight all Hotels/Campsites according to program
- FB during safari (picnic-lunch)
- 2 liters mineral water per person per day on safari; tea; coffee
- Mt. Oldonyo lengai Guide, Guide to the Water falls, guide to the Shores of lake Natron
- Driver/guide and car (Land rover / Land cruiser/ Nissan Patrols) for Safaris without km limit
- Driver/guide and car ((Land rover / Land cruiser/ Nissan Patrols) for Safaris without time-limit!
- International flights
- Visa fees
- Drinks (if not mentioned above)
- Expenses of personal nature (like souvenirs)
- Excursions and trips not included in this program (e.g. Balloon safari Serengeti).