Celtic Legends, Saints and Templar Truthsoffered by supplier M15425 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 6 - 7 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 6 people
Specialty Categories: Pilgrimage/Spirituality Archeology/History
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 1300 Pound Sterling (GBP)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2000 Pound Sterling (GBP)
This tour brings together several day tours originated by my friend and colleague Jackie Queally of Celtic Trails.For those seeking a more esoteric approach Jackie can lead ort take the tour.
Tour based in Edinburgh. As this tour involves walking through wonderful nature suitable outdoor footwear and clothing is advised to wander over easy but sometimes hilly and uneven ground in order to gain most from the experience.
Day 1: Collection upon arrival at Edinburgh airport or station. Transfer to lodgings. Tour briefing from Ivor - who guides this tour with passion and knowledge. Overnight locally with Bed & Breakfast.
Day 2: Visiting Roslin Glen and Rosslyn Chapel. Borthwick Church and Castle and Temple - headquarters of the Knights Templar in Scotland. Overnight at same lodgings with Bed & Breakfast.
Day 3: Learn about ancient Edinburgh; St Triduana and visit her well house; feel the landscape of Arthur`s Seat; the Rose Line and sacred Pythagarus geometry; Currie Church and the Balm Well. Visit Edinburgh Castle. Overnight at same lodgings with Bed & Breakfast.
Day 4: Visit Cairnpapple - Scotland`s "Stonehenge" and learn about the Knights of St John (Hospitallers); visit Torphichen Perceptory; discover the "Sactuary Sytones"; Aberlour and Linlithgow Palace. Overnight at same lodgings with Bed & breakfast.
Day 5: Learn about Merlin:visit Celtic and Pictish forts in the Scottish Borders; the Druids and visit Melrose Abbey. Enjoy a visit to Dalhousie Castle and a sumptuous dinner in Dungeon restaurant. Overnight at same lodgings with Bed & Breakfast. Or pamper yourself by staying overnight at the castle.
Day 6: Visit Newbattle or perhaps Culross in the morning.Return to Edinburgh for transfer for departure. Full Tour Pack with backgound information about sites, locations and attractions provided. On this tour you will be walking around the locations for most of the time to come close and personal with nature, feeling the earth energies of the sites whilst being informed about their history and the various legends and myths associated with each location. An opportunity to attune with nature and the landscape and with the spirituality of these ancient marvelous sites.
Note: Possible to extend the tour by one day to visit the Holy Island of Lindisfarne.
- A fully guided escorted private tour
- High quality Guest house accommodation sharing in double or twin en suite rooms
- 4 nights with Bed & Breakfast
- 1 night with Dinner Bed & Breakfast
- Dinner at Dalhousie Castle with transfer back to lodgings
- Tour Packs with full background information about locations and sites
- Historic Scotland Explorer Passes for free entry to their venues including Edinburgh Castle/Linlthgow Palace/Cairnpapple/Torphichen Perceptor-collection upon arrival and transfer for departure
- All hours level of care and attention throughout the tour.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Basic Tour of 6 days: £1300 per person
- Basic Tour plus Lindisfarne extension: £1500 per person
- Basic Tour plus stay overnight at Dalhousie Castle: £1750 per person
- Basic Tour + Castle stay + Lindisfarne extension: £1900 per person.
- A minimum of two adults required
- A single person can take the tour at a supplement - ask for price
- Ask for Group prices for 10 or more persons.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Nov 2006
Owner Ivor Henrichsen has worked for the UK Government for over 40 years as a geologist/musicologist and finally with the Scottish Sports Council with extensive experience in the administration of incoming groups to the UK. Member of several trade associations, the Federation of Small Business and appropriate tourist...