8 Days Escorted Cycling along the Lithuanian SeasidePlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 8 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 15 people
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring
Season: May - September
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 795 Euro (EUR)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1296 Euro (EUR)
- 2015 Dates:
*G3-1 * 23.05-30.05.2015
*G3-2 * 06.06-13.06.2015
*G3-3 * 20.06-27.06.2015
*G3-4 * 04.07-11.07.2015
*G3-5 * 18.07-25.07.2015
*G3-6 * 01.08-08.08.2015
*G3-7 * 15.08-22.08.2015
*G3-8 * 29.08-05.09.2015
- Cycling Distance: cycling ~215 km.
Day 1: Arrive in Klaipėda. Welcome meeting at the hotel with tour guide. Stay overnight in Klaipėda.
Day 2: Along the Seaside Cycle Route to Palanga
Morning sightseeing around Klaipėda Old Town followed by cycling to Palanga resort through Giruliai Forest and the Seaside Regional Park. In Palanga visit the Botanical Park and Amber Museum. Transfer back to the same hotel in Klaipėda. (Cycling ~ 30 km/19 mi., by minibus ~ 30 km/19 mi.).
Day 3: Green meadows & forests of Pamarys Region
Transfer to Veiviržėnai where start your cycling ride on small roads through green meadows and forests to Šilutė. En route stop in Švėkšna to explore the estate with its beautiful park and impressive neo-Gothic church. Local winery producing wines from different local berries is on the way too. Overnight in Šilutė. (Cycling ~ 45 km/28 mi., by minibus ~ 45 km/28 mi).
Day 4: Šilutė & Rusnė Island
Explore Šilutė town or go for a round trip to Rusnė Island, Lithuania’s only island, in the Nemunas River Delta Regional Park (~45 km/28 mi.). En route you will explore the ethnographic fisherman’s homestead – a museum of Rusnė and the 19th C lighthouse in Uostadvaris Harbour. Overnight the same hotel in Šilutė.
Day 5: Bird ringing station & crossing the Curonian Lagoon
Cycling to Ventė Cape with a stop for nature trail walking through the raised bog. After visiting a bird ringing station and the 19thC Vantė lighthouse take a boat for crossing the Curonian Lagoon to Nida (~1.5 hours). Stay overnight at the hotel in Nida. (Cycling ~35 km/22 mi., by boat ~14 km/9 mi.).
Day 6: Nida – leisure time by the Baltic Sea
Free day in Nida. Today Nida is the largest settlement of the town of Neringa and one of the most beautiful resorts in Lithuania. Cycling or walking along impressive sand dunes and visiting the most interesting places like the Fisherman’s House, the summer house of famous German writer Thomas Mann, and the Amber Gallery. Overnight at the same hotel in Nida.
Day 7: Along the Curonian Spit to Klaipėda
Cycling on an asphalt bike path of the Lithuanian Seaside Cycle Route which takes you along the Curonian Spit to Klaipėda (~60 km/37 mi.). En route you will stop at the “Dead” sand dunes and colony of grey herons and cormorants, visit the Hill of Witches.
Day 8: Tour ends in Klaipėda. Breakfast at the hotel. End of the tour.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- EUR 795.00 p/p (double occupancy)
- EUR 190.00 / 220.00 p/p (single supplement)
- EUR 30.00 p/p (season supplement in DBL/TWIN room, July-August).
- 7 nights stay at the hotels
- Breakfast daily
- Welcome meeting
- Guide escort on days 2-5&7
- Transfers by minibus on days 2&3
- Ferry ticket from the Curonian Spit to Klaipeda
- Luggage transport on days 3,5&7
- Boat trip across the Curonian Lagoon to Nida
- Entrances to: Vente Ornithological station, Palanga Amber Museum
- Rent of hybrid trekking bicycle with a waterproof pannier
- Individual infopackage (city guide, maps, program and route description).
- Arrival/departure transfer by car (1-3 persons) - 46 EUR/transfer (Palanga Airport) or 32 EUR/transfer (Klaipeda ferry terminal)
- Supplement for rental of E-bike – 90 EUR per person
- 7 dinners package (3-course + coffee/tea) – 115 EUR per person.