Sacred Thimphu Festival with Cultural TourPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 7 - 12 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 10 people
Specialty Categories: Festival Tours Cultural Journey
Season: February - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 1680 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 3080 US Dollar (USD)
The Bardo dance, the main events of the festival, reminds the people of their future destiny depending on their past and present deeds. The dance of the Stag enacts the tale of a hunter who was converted to Buddhism and gave up hunting. The dance of Noblemen and Ladies tells the story of flirting princesses who are punished for their indiscretions. The Tshechus ends with the unfolding of a huge religious Thangkha or "Thongdroel" (meaning liberation on sight), at which the courtyard fills with people before sunrise even with freezing cold. This delicate artwork depicts Guru Rinpoche in his eight manifestations along with two consorts. The giant Thangkha is let down to the ground and then ceremoniously rolled and folded away before the sun rays reach it.
Day 1: Arrival in Paro - Thimphu
Day 2: Thimphu sightseeing/Tshechu
Day 3: Thimphu sightseeing/Tshechu
Day 4: Thimphu - Punakha
Day 5: Punakha sightseeing
Day 6: Punakha - Paro
Day 7: Paro sightseeing with Taktshang hike
Day 8: Depart by Druk Air.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- All hotel and guesthouses accommodation
- All meals and sightseeing
- Specialist designed itineraries
- Services of knowledgeable, English-speaking local guides
- All ground transportation
- All entrance fees
- Pre-departure information and extras listed on trip itineraries.
- International airfare and en-route stopovers
- Druk Air airfare
- Travel Protection Insurance
- Excess baggage charges
- Transfers, expenses and services outside of Bhutan
- Personal expenses like Beverages (alcohol, soft drinks & bottled water), gratuities to guides & drivers as appropriate, and laundry, mail, phone calls and cables.