Lake District LoopPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 4 - 6 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 20 people
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring
Season: April - October
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 340 Pound Sterling (GBP)
Maximum Per Person Price: 810 Pound Sterling (GBP)
- Tackling trails over infamous passes
- Endless views over stunning Lake District scenery
- The blistering descents and natural singletrack
- Beautiful coastal views of the Irish Sea from Ravenglass
- Taking on cutting edge man-made trails in Whinlatter and Grizedale Forest Parks
Day 1: Check into your accommodation and get your gear organised for the coming few days. If you’re feeling restless, you can warm up your legs with a walk along one of the many walking trails around Lake Windermere.
Day 2: Beginning on the picturesque banks of Lake Windermere, the trails climb head-long into the mountains on ancient rocky tracks, over legendary passes, affording jaw-dropping views of surrounding valleys. A bone-shaking descent takes us to the banks of Haweswater Reservoir and into Pooley Bridge where a comfy bed awaits.
Day 3: What better way to start the day than by biking along the banks of Ullswater, second largest of the Lakes and widely regarded as the most beautiful. From here, the only way is up as we take on tricky rocky trails that lead us towards Skiddaw and some amazing natural singletrack and a rapid final descent into Keswick for some well-deserved refreshments.
Day 4: Technical off-road trails lead to infamous Honister Pass and it's slate mines. A rapid descent takes us to trails along the banks of Buttermere Lake. Then it's then a relatively easy afternoon to the beautiful Irish Sea coast, where we’ll stop for the night in teh lovely village of Ravenglass.
Day 5: Meandering through Eskdale, we'll follow the banks of the River Esk before tackling challenging fells leading to the infamous trails over Walna Scar. A technical and rocky descent leads us on to conistone before superb man made trails at Grizedale Forest lead to the banks of Lake Windermere where this amazing trip ends with a relaxing cruise across the lake.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
This tour costs from £340 for a self guided, 4 day, 5 night trip to £810 for a fully guided, 4 day, 5 night trip depending on group size and accommodation options chosen.
- Transfers as needed from local bus/train stations, airports or ferry terminals
- 4 days breathtaking biking
- 5 nights accommodation in B&B or hostel
- Baggage transfers
- Full guiding by an MBLA qualified, first aid trained knowledgeable guide or maps and directions
- Vehicle back up.
- UK cell phone for trip duration if required
- Evening meals and drinks.