Overnight Safari from Cape Townoffered by supplier M18432 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 2 - 4 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 12 people
Destination(s): South Africa
Specialty Categories: Wildlife Viewing
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 420 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 850 US Dollar (USD)
- Private game reserve only 230 kms from CT
- Standard, Luxury or Ambassador suite options
- chalets in true Karoo style architecture
- Animals include lion, buffalo, rhino, giraffe, zebra
- Only reserve close to Cape Town with large family herds
- Witness the Cheetah rehabilitation project
- Early evening and early morning 3 hour ranger guided safaris
- Walk with the giraffes, a unique experience
- Buffet lunch at reserve
- 5 course evening meal beside the swimming pool area
- Full breakfast in the morning
- Spectacular mountain passes
- Wine tasting at a top wine estate
- Transport from CT accommodation in private 4 x 4
- Dedicated field guide/driver.
Join our guide in a private luxury vehicle to one of the closest private game reserves to Cape Town. This overnight safari has a 9 am start from your Cape Town accommodation as we travel 230 kms through some magnificent mountain scenery to this private reserve north of Cape Town. On arrival you are welcomed with a refreshing drink before having a buffet lunch under the trees. After lunch you can lounge around the beautiful swimming pool area or go for an optional Quad Bike ride. From 5 pm you will be taken on the lodges’ safari vehicle for a 2-3 hour game drive by one of the reserves experienced game rangers. They will bring you close and personal to Lion, Rhino, Buffalo, Zebra, Cheetah,Giraffe, Eland, Kudu and many more african animals.
After the game drive there is a five course evening dinner that combines South African and French cuisine. Later you can lounge at the fire pit where a drinks bar will be open. You can then witness why this area is one of the top star gazing locations in the world. Accommodation for the evening is in air conditioned chalets that are decorated in very tasteful african themes. In the morning it is up early for a game drive that starts at 6 am. This early morning game drive offers you the opportunity to view the animals before the heat of the day strikes them. There is also the possibility of seeing some of the nocturnal animals such as the strange looking Aardvark.
After breakfast you can walk around the camp, go for a swim or visit the curio shop. We depart for Cape Town at approx 12;30 taking a leisurely drive back through a number of spectacular mountain passes with a few stops on the way to admire some wonderful scenery, and will definitely have time to do a bit of wine tasting at one of the Capes top wine estates. Arrival back in Cape Town at approx 5 pm.
Supplemental Tour Information:
- Collection from Cape Town
- Transport in private a/c vehicle
- Qualified guide/driver
- Accommodation in 4 star luxury Lodge chalets
- Games drives in Lodge vehicles
- All meals
- All fuel
- Wine tasting at top wine estate
- Scenic drives
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Jul 2008
M18432 is owned and operated by Kevin Matheson, a Scottish South African who has lived in Cape Town for 25 years. Kevin was born and raised on a farm in the Scottish Highlands which instilled a passion for nature within him. After studying as a Field Guide in 1999 and again in 2006 he formed this company. We...