- Entrance and tour of Kirstenbosch Gardens
- Guided hike up Table Mountain via Smuts Track
- Visit Mclears Beacon, highest point on mountain
- Option to go up and down in Cable Car
- Lunch at Kirstenbosch after hike (optional).
Day to Day Itinerary:
We guide you through Afro-montane forest, indigenous plants, and pristine Fynbos. We will explain the geological formation of the mountain, why there is more plant species on the mountain than on the whole of the UK, and give details on interesting facts such as butterfly pollinates the Red Disa, the role of fire in the rejuvenation of Fynbos, what mammals, birds and reptiles populate the mountain, and much more.
Note: You can also choose to walk up the mountain from Kirstenbosch using the "Smuts track" to the highest point at Maclears Beacon, then walk along to the Upper cable Station and get the cable car down to the City Bowl.
Supplemental Tour Information:
- Transport in private vehicle
- Dedicated field guide/driver
- Collection from your Cape Town accommodation.
- Extra alcoholic drinks
- Any extra activity not mentioned.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
About This Supplier
||Location: South Africa
Joined InfoHub: Jul 2008
M18432 is owned and operated by Kevin Matheson, a Scottish South African who has lived in Cape Town for 25 years. Kevin was born and raised on a farm in the Scottish Highlands which instilled a passion for nature within him. After studying as a Field Guide in 1999 and again in 2006 he formed this company.
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Land Rambler
Hiking & Trekking
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend