Some popular outings include:
- Introductory Rock Climbing and Rappelling Days
- Guided Multipitch Climbs
- Learn to lead sport climbs
- Learn to lead traditional gear climbs
- Multipitch climbing and self-rescue lessons
- Family climbing experiences, etc.
The Canadian Rockies are blessed with hundreds of fantastic rock climbing areas on limestone, dolomite, and quartzite rock types. There are routes of all difficulties from easy to extreme. It is best to let your guide help you choose specific routes in order to best take advantage of your goals and abilities as well as current weather. However, below are some of the best climbs in various areas to help you get inspired:
- Yamnuska (Canmore), West End Grade: 5.5-5.9 Length: 250 m
- Yamnuska (Canmore), Forbidden Corner Grade: 5.8+ Length: 300 m
- Yamnuska (Canmore), East End Boys Grade: 5.12 a Length: 215 m
- Ha Ling (Canmore), NE Face Grade: 5.6 Length: 450 m
- Mt. Rundle (Canmore), Eeyores Tail Grade: 5.8 Length: 350 m
- Tunnel Mountain (Banff), Gooseberries Grade: 5.9 Length: 200 m
- Grand Sentinal (Lake Louise) Grade: 5.8 or 5.10d Length: 100 m
- Morro Peak (Jasper), Guides Route Grade: 5.7 Length: 250 m
- Mt. Stelfox (Nordegg), Stark Raven Mad Grade: 5.8 Length: 200 m
- Mt. Stelfox (Nordegg), Stealthy Fox Grade: 5.10b Length: 400 m.
Note: No climbing experience of any sort is required to plan a custom rock climbing trip. Anyone with basic hiking fitness can successfully enjoy rock climbing!
Also see tour packages in:
Canada Alberta Outdoor: Mountain Ranger Mountain/Rock Climbing Outdoor Skills School