Baltic States and St. Petersburg TreasurePlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 11 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 16 people
Destination(s): Lithuania Finland Russia
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey Archeology/History
Season: June - August
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 1699 Euro (EUR)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2229 Euro (EUR)
Day 1: Vilnius. Arrival in Vilnius. Individual transfer to the hotel (not included). Check-in at the hotel. 7:00 p.m. welcome meeting at the hotel with tour guide. Overnight: Vilnius. Hotel: Artis or similar.
Day 2: Vilnius/ Trakai/ Vilnius (50 km). 9:00 a.m. a city tour of Vilnius, capital of Lithuania for more than 600 years. The tour includes: St.Peter and Paul’s Church, Gediminas Castle, Cathedral Square, St.Ann and Bernardines’ Church, the Gates of Dawn with a holy image of the Virgin Mary, Russian Orthodox Church of the Holy Spirit, Town Hall Square and Vilnius University (founded in 1579) with St. John’s Church. Afternoon trip to Trakai (25 km from Vilnius), the former capital of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. Visit to the insular castle of the 14th century, erected on a small island in the lake Galve. Return to Vilnius. In the evening optional: dinner at Lithuanian restaurant 'Lokys' or similar. Overnight: Vilnius. Hotel: Artis or similar.
Day 3: Vilnius/ Hill of Crosses/ Rundale/ Riga (380 km). 9:00 a.m. departure by coach to Riga, the capital of Latvia. Stop at the Hill of Crosses (16 km from Siauliai), the unforgettable place with thousands of crosses on two small hills. A further drive to Riga. Stop in Rundale. Visit to Rundale Palace of the 18th century, a beautiful late baroque palace in Latvia. It is a splendid example of the early work of famous Italian architect F.B.Rastrelli. Arrival in Riga, check-in at the hotel. Overnight: Riga. Hotel: Radisson Sas Daugava or similar.
Day 4: Riga. 9:00 a.m. a city tour of Riga, visiting medieval Hanseatic town, Riga Castle, St. Peter’s Church, Dome Cathedral, the Old Guild Houses. Afternoon optional: excursion to Jurmala. In the evening optional: dinner at Latvian restaurant 'Rozengrals' or similar. Overnight: Riga. Hotel: Radisson Sas Daugava or similar.
Day 5: Riga/ Parnu/ Tallinn (300 km). 9:00 a.m. departure for Tallinn with a stop in Pärnu, Estonian 'Summer Capital'. This little town has been known as a summer health resort since the first spa opened here in the 1830s. A further drive to Tallinn. Arrival in Tallinn, check-in at the hotel. Overnight: Tallinn. Hotel: Meriton Grand Hotel Tallinn or similar.
Day 6: Tallinn. 9:00 a.m. a city tour of Tallinn, visiting the Old Town of Tallinn - an example of Gothic architecture in the Baltic and Nordic countries. The tour includes Toompea Castle fortifications, the Dome Church (13th century), the Russian Orthodox Cathedral of Alexander Nevsky (19th century), Town Hall Square (15th century), the Old Guild, St.Olaf’s Church. Afternoon optional: excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to Kadriorg Palace. In the evening optional: dinner at medieval restaurant “ Pepersack ” or similar. Overnight: Tallinn. Hotel: Meriton Grand Hotel Tallinn or similar.
Day 7: Tallinn/ Helsinki. Morning ferry from Tallinn to Helsinki, the capital of Finland. Arrival in Helsinki. Meeting and city tour of Helsinki. The tour includes all the most important and interesting parts of Helsinki, such as the historical center, Senate Square, the Parliament Building, Finlandia Hall. Stop at Sibelius Monument and Tempeliaukio Church - the church in the Rock. Check-in at the hotel. Overnight: Helsinki. Hotel: Holiday Inn City or similar.
Day 8: Helsinki/ St. Petersburg. Breakfast at the hotel. Optional: a combined boat and walking tour to the ancient Suomenlinna Sea fortress - one of the largest in the world and included in UNESCO’s list of World Heritage Sites. The Suomenlinna Museum gives a glimpse of the life of officers and soldiers during the periods of Swedish and Russian rule in the 18th and 19th centuries. The fortress of Suomenlinna stands on five interconnected islands, reached by half-hourly ferry from the South Harbour. In the afternoon train to St. Petersburg. Arrival in St.Petersburg. Transfer to hotel, check-in. Overnight: St.Petersburg
Hotel: Novotel or similar.
Day 9: St. Petersburg. 9:00 a.m. city tour of St. Petersburg includes a panoramic view of the most interesting architectural and historical sights of the town: Admiralty, Neva River embankments, a revolution monument - cruiser Aurora, Decembrists` Square, Palace Square, Nevsky Prospect, Peter and Paul Fortress and Isaac’s Square with Isaac’s Cathedral. Afternoon optional: visit to the Hermitage- one of the largest museum collections of Western European art exhibited in the Winter Palace famous for its huge fresco halls, marble, wood and mosaic floors, antique furniture and statuettes. In the evening an optional visit to Nikolajevsky – Palace with Russian folklore show. Overnight: St. Petersburg. Hotel: Novotel or similar.
Day 10: St. Petersburg. After breakfast optional an excursion to Peterhof, the famous imperial summer residence (1704) of Peter the Great. Visit to the Grand Palace, the park with sculptures, 144 fountains and cascade system. In the evening optional: Russian dinner at restaurant in St. Petersburg. Overnight: St. Petersburg. Hotel: Novotel or similar.
Day 11: St. Petersburg. Breakfast at the hotel. End of the tour.
Notes for Cost:
- Arrival transfer in Vilnius:
* Car (1-2 person): 35 EUR per vehicle
* Minivan (3-6 person): 55 EUR per vehicle
- Additional night in Vilnius, Hotel Artis or similar:
* Single supplement: 90 EUR per room per night, including breakfast
* Double occupancy: 110 EUR per room per night, including breakfast
- Lithuanian dinner at restaurant 'Lokys' or similar in Vilnius: 35 EUR p/p
- Excursion (3 hours) to Jurmala: 40 EUR p/p
- Latvian dinner at restaurant ”Rozengrals” in Riga: 40 EUR p/p
- Excursion (3 hours) to Kadriorg Park and visit to Kadriorg Palace: 40 EUR p/p
- Medieval dinner at restaurant ”Pepersack” in Tallinn: 40 EUR p/p
- A combined boat and walking tour to the ancient Suomenlinna Sea fortress (3 hours) - on request
- Visit to Hermitage Art museum (3 hours): 70 EUR p/p
- Visit to folklore show at Nikolajevsky Palast: 55 EUR p/p
- Excursion to Peterhof and visit to the Grand Palace (4 hours): 90 EUR p/p
- Russian dinner at restaurant in St. Petersburg: 55 EUR p/p
- Additional night in St. Petersburg, Hotel Novotel or similar:
* single supplement: 230 EUR per room per night, including breakfast
* double occupancy: 250 EUR per room per night, including breakfast.
- Departure transfer in St. Petersburg:
* Car (1-2 person): 70 EUR per vehicle
* Minivan (3-6 person): 120 EUR per vehicle
* Half board at hotels (10 x dinners 3 course menu + tea/coffee): 300 EUR p/p.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Single supplement: 2229 EUR
- Double occupancy: 1699 EUR.
- 10 nights at the 5/4 star hotels
- All hotel taxes
- Buffet breakfast daily
- Welcome cocktail in Vilnius
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach or minivan as per itinerary (no transfer hotel Holiday Inn City Helsinki - train station)
- Ferry ticket Tallinn- Helsinki
- Repin train ticket Helsinki - St.Petersburg
- English and German speaking guide escort on days 2-9(no guide escort on ferry Tallinn – Helsinki, Hotel Inn City in Helsinki-railway station, on train Helsinki – St. Petersburg, St Petersburg railway station-hotel Novotel)
- Excursions as per itinerary
- Entrances to: Vilnius University and St.Peter and Paul’s Church in Vilnius, Trakai castle, Rundale Palace, the Dome Church in Riga, the Dome Church In Tallinn.
- Individual information package (city guides and program)
- Porterage at hotels.