Classical BalticsPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 9 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 16 people
Destination(s): Latvia Lithuania Estonia
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey Archeology/History
Season: June - August
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 799 Euro (EUR)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1159 Euro (EUR)
Day 1: Vilnius. Arrival in Vilnius. Individual transfer to the hotel (not included). Check-in at the hotel. 7:00 p.m. welcome meeting at the hotel with tour guide. Overnight: Vilnius. Hote: Artis or similar.
Day 2: Vilnius/ Trakai/ Vilnius (50 km). 9:00 a.m. a city tour of Vilnius, capital of Lithuania for more than 600 years. The tour includes: St.Peter and Paul’s Church, Gediminas Castle, Cathedral Square, St.Ann and Bernardines’ Church, the Gates of Dawn with a holy image of the Virgin Mary, Russian Orthodox Church of the Holy Spirit, Town Hall Square and Vilnius University (founded in 1579) with St. John’s Church. Afternoon trip to Trakai (25 km from Vilnius), the former capital of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. Visit to the insular castle of the 14th century, erected on a small island in the lake Galve. Return to Vilnius. In the evening optional: Dinner at Lithuanian restaurant 'Lokys' or similar. Overnight: Vilnius. Hotel: Artis or similar.
Day 3: Vilnius/ Hill of Crosses/ Rundale/ Riga (380 km). 9:00 a.m. departure by coach to Riga, the capital of Latvia. Stop at the Hill of Crosses (16 km from Siauliai), the unforgettable place with thousands of crosses on two small hills. A further drive to Riga. Stop in Rundale. Visit to Rundale Palace of the 18th century, a beautiful late baroque palace in Latvia. It is a splendid example of the early work of famous Italian architect F.B.Rastrelli. Arrival in Riga, check-in at the hotel. Overnight: Riga. Hotel: Radisson Sas Daugava or similar.
Day 4: Riga. 9:00 a.m. a city tour of Riga, visiting medieval Hanseatic town, Riga Castle, St. Peter’s Church, Dome Cathedral, the Old Guild Houses. Afternoon optional: excursion to Jurmala. In the evening optional: Dinner at Latvian restaurant “ Rozengrals” or similar. Overnight: Riga. Hotel: Radisson Sas Daugava or similar.
Day 5: Riga/ Parnu/ Tallinn (300 km). 9:00 a.m. departure for Tallinn with a stop in Parnu, Estonian “Summer Capital”. This little town has been known as a summer health resort since the first spa opened here in the 1830s. A further drive to Tallinn. Arrival in Tallinn, check-in at the hotel. Overnight: Tallinn. Hotel: Meriton Grand Hotel Tallinn or similar.
Day 6: Tallinn. 9:00 a.m. a city tour of Tallinn, visiting the Old Town of Tallinn - an example of Gothic architecture in the Baltic and Nordic countries. The tour includes Toompea Castle fortifications, the Dome Church (13th century), the Russian Orthodox Cathedral of Alexander Nevsky (19th century), Town Hall Square (15th century), the Old Guild, St.Olaf’s Church. Afternoon optional: excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to Kadriorg Palace. In the evening optional: dinner at medieval restaurant 'Pepersack' or similar. Overnight: Tallinn. Hotel: Meriton Grand Hotel Tallinn or similar.
Day 7: Tallinn/ Tartu/ Sigulda (380 km). 9:00 a.m. departure for Sigulda. Stopover in Tartu, the second largest town in Estonia. 12:00 a.m. a city tour of Tartu, including Tartu University, Toome Hill Park with its monuments, sculptures, bridges and ruins of Gothic Church, panoramic view of the town with Jaani Church and Town Hall Square. A further drive to Sigulda (Latvia). Short stop in a small ancient town of Cesis for a walk in Castle Park. Arrival in Sigulda, check-in at the hotel. Overnight: Sigulda. Hotel: Sedegevold or similar.
Day 8: Sigulda-Vilnius (350 km). 9:00 a.m. walk in Gauja National Park, including visit to Turaida Castle and the ruins of the 13th century Crusader Castle in Sigulda. A further drive to Vilnius. Arrival in Vilnius, check-in at the hotel. Overnight: Vilnius. Hotel: Artis or similar.
Day 9: Vilnius. Breakfast. End of the tour.
Notes for Cost:
- Arrival transfer in Vilnius:
* Car (1-2 person): 35 EUR per vehicle
* Minivan (3-6 person): 55 EUR per vehicle
- Additional night in Vilnius, Hotel Artis or similar:
* Single supplement: 90 EUR per room per night, including breakfast
* Double occupancy: 110 EUR per room per night, including breakfast
- Lithuanian dinner at restaurant 'Lokys' or similar in Vilnius: 35 EUR p/p
- Excursion (4 hours) to Jurmala: 40 EUR p/p
- Latvian dinner at restaurant 'Rozengrals' or similar in Riga: 40 EUR p/p
- Excursion (3 hours) to Kadriorg Park and visit to Kadriorg Palace: 40 EUR p/p
- Medieval dinner at restaurant 'Peppersack' or similar in Tallinn - 40 EUR p/p
* Half board at hotels (8 x dinners 3 course menu + tea/coffee): 220 EUR p/p.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Single supplement: 895 EUR
- Double occupancy: 649 EUR.
- 8 nights at the 5/4 star hotels
- All hotel taxes
- Buffet breakfast daily
- Welcome cocktail in Vilnius
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach or minivan as per itinerary escort on days 2-8
- English and German speaking guide escort on days 2-8
- Excursions as per itinerary
- Entrances to: Vilnius University and St.Peter and Paul’s Church in Vilnius, Trakai castle, Rundale Palace, the Dome Church in Riga, the Dome Church In Tallinn, University Tartu, Turaida castle.
- Individual information package (city guides and program)
- Porterage at hotels.