Health Programs in Costa Ricaoffered by supplier M17651 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 21 - 42 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 10 people
Destination(s): Costa Rica
Specialty Categories: Volunteering Vacations
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 850 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1600 US Dollar (USD)
- Mitigating Pain Care Centers
- Seniors Care Centers
- Public Health Community Campaigns.
Requirements: Spanish level—intermediate (intermediate/ advanced for HIV centers).
Our health projects in Costa Rica provide a wonderful opportunity to doctors, nurses, and medical students (some Pre Medical students can join the project too) to become familiar with the challenges and health issues of Costa Rica, and to get first hand experience in the field. Volunteers support local doctors and nurses; tasks range from observation to assistance. Depending on your level of knowledge, experience, and skill, you may check blood pressure, distribute food and medicine, weigh babies, and help with other first-aid procedures.
Volunteers may be asked to help with different programs such as health education, basic prevention, nutrition, and sanitation that are organized through a number of hospitals, local clinics, and EBAIS (small clinics in individual communities) in Costa Rica. You will choose your specialization, but our staff regularly communicates with the local hospitals and clinics, and may suggest a particular placement based on urgent need.
- Food and Accommodation
- Arrival Pick-Up
- Costa Rica Orientation
- Costa Rica Co-ordination
- Program Support
- 24 Hour back-up from local and regional staff.
- International and domestic airfare and corresponding airport departure taxes (26$)
- Costs associated with obtaining a visa or immunizations (when needed)
- Long-distance and international phone calls
- Extraneous entertainment, food or gifts
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel Insurance
- Health Insurance.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Placement fee: $300 + $200 per week ($300 for Eco-Projects)
- 6 weeks: $1,600/ $1,400 (Span-Vol Training: 2/ 1 weeks, Volunteer Weeks: 4/ 5 weeks)
- 5 weeks: $1,460 (Span-Vol Training: 2/ 1 weeks, Volunteer Weeks: 3/ 4 weeks)
- 4 weeks: $1,290/ $1,050 (Span-Vol Training: 2/ 1 weeks, Volunteer Weeks: 2/ 3 weeks)
- 3 weeks: $1,090/ $850 (Span-Vol Training: 2/ 1 weeks, Volunteer Weeks: 1/ 2 weeks)
* Extra Spanish week: $383
* Extra Volunteer Week: $170/ $255.
- Volunteer Only (no Spanish Classes)
- If you need a person (Bilingual Guide) to stay with you 4 hours per day, add $123 extra per week to the amount (this can be useful if you don't want Spanish classes, and lack the level required for some projects).
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2008
M17651 offers a big variety of Spanish Courses and Volunteer Programs in three different locations in Costa Rica. We have been working with several students/ volunteers agencies, colleges and universities in United States and Europe. We also work with several public and private organizations in Costa Rica, and we place...