Children's Programsoffered by supplier M17651 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 21 - 42 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 12 people
Destination(s): Costa Rica
Specialty Categories: Volunteering Vacations
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 850 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1600 US Dollar (USD)
- Children Day Camps
- School Soup Kitchens
- Community Soup Kitchens
- Children's Community Homes
- Children’s Community Centers
- Special Children’s Centers.
Required Spanish Level: Beginner/ Intermediate. Project Special Requirements: Patience, creativity, and commitment. In every part of the world, but particularly in many developing and underdeveloped countries, children can fall victim to a living situation that affords them few opportunities. In these cases, the community is often left with the responsibility to support and rehabilitate these youngsters. In other cases, parents need to work to support their families, and arrangements are needed to provide supervision and positive modeling for their kids when not in school.
- Help in the kitchen
- Play with the kids
- Teach English basic vocabulary
- Basic care to the kids.
Note: In some of our programs, participants must demonstrate at minimum, an intermediate level of the Spanish language (Please read each description). If you have little or no Spanish language skills, you need to enroll in our Spanish language and cultural immersion program during the first week of your placement. This program includes 20 hours of Spanish language classes as well as cultural immersion activities such as latino dancing lessons, Costa Rica cooking lessons, and Tropical Fruit lessons. Classes are no larger than 6 students and the emphasis is on conversational skills.
- Food and Accommodation
- Arrival Pick-Up
- Costa Rica Orientation
- Costa Rica Co-ordination
- Program Support
- 24 Hour back-up from local and regional staff.
- International and domestic airfare and corresponding airport departure taxes (26$)
- Costs associated with obtaining a visa or immunizations (when needed)
- Long-distance and international phone calls
- Extraneous entertainment, food or gifts
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel Insurance
- Health Insurance.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Placement fee: $300 + $200 per week ($300 for Eco-Projects)
- 6 weeks: $1,600/ $1,400 (Span-Vol Training: 2/ 1 weeks, Volunteer Weeks: 4/ 5 weeks)
- 5 weeks: $1,460 (Span-Vol Training: 2/ 1 weeks, Volunteer Weeks: 3/ 4 weeks)
- 4 weeks: $1,290/ $1,050 (Span-Vol Training: 2/ 1 weeks, Volunteer Weeks: 2/ 3 weeks)
- 3 weeks: $1,090/ $850 (Span-Vol Training: 2/ 1 weeks, Volunteer Weeks: 1/ 2 weeks)
* Extra Spanish week: $383
* Extra Volunteer Week: $170/ $255.
Note: Children at Risk (Required Spanish Level: Beginner/ Intermediate). No time constraint.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2008
M17651 offers a big variety of Spanish Courses and Volunteer Programs in three different locations in Costa Rica. We have been working with several students/ volunteers agencies, colleges and universities in United States and Europe. We also work with several public and private organizations in Costa Rica, and we place...