Gender Equality and Women Empowermentoffered by supplier M17651 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 21 - 42 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 12 people
Destination(s): Costa Rica
Specialty Categories: Volunteering Vacations
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 850 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1600 US Dollar (USD)
- Required Spanish Level: Advanced
- Project Special Requirements: Keen perception, self-determination, excellent listening skills, (social workers, psychologists, nurses, or sociologists, are very welcome and encouraged).
In all parts of the world, women are faced with threats to their independence, health and well-being. They receive less education than men, have disproportionate household responsibilities, and are often faced with sexual and domestic violence. Gender equality, and the end to all kinds of violence against women, starts with the women as the agents and beneficiaries of change. Empowerment begins with a woman’s self-worth.
- Homestay: This type of accommodation is available in most of our projects. We use great local families who are all screened and are very happy to have volunteers who are there to help their communities. Meals are included in your homestay accommodation. Food will be standard Costa Rican cuisine. All food and drinks served by the host family will be safe to eat and vegetarians can be accommodated. Laundry service is offered once a week.
- Volunteers houses: Some of the projects have small or medium size volunteer houses. Volunteers share rooms with others. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner is provided Monday to Friday for volunteers who stay in the volunteer house as part of their program fee. The houses have nice facilities. Sometimes volunteers are expected to help with meals and assist in the cleaning of the volunteer house. They can sleep on beds, and sometimes bunk beds. The volunteer houses are also available to be used on the weekends.
- Other projects such as the turtle projects and the ecological farm can have different accommodations
- The Volunteers will be responsible for their own transportation to the projects after the first day
- Most project are within walking or biking distance of accommodation. Some projects may require a bus trip to the project location. If so, the volunteer will be accompanied by members of Amistad's staff or by a community leader the first day to get familiar with the route and travel formalities.
- Food and Accommodation
- Arrival Pick-Up
- Costa Rica Orientation
- Costa Rica Co-ordination
- Program Support
- 24 Hour back-up from local and regional staff.
- International and domestic airfare and corresponding airport departure taxes (26$)
- Costs associated with obtaining a visa or immunizations (when needed)
- Long-distance and international phone calls
- Extraneous entertainment, food or gifts
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel Insurance
- Health Insurance.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Placement fee: $300 + $200 per week ($300 for Eco-Projects)
- 6 weeks: $1,600/ $1,400 (Span-Vol Training: 2/ 1 weeks, Volunteer Weeks: 4/ 5 weeks)
- 5 weeks: $1,460 (Span-Vol Training: 2/ 1 weeks, Volunteer Weeks: 3/ 4 weeks)
- 4 weeks: $1,290/ $1,050 (Span-Vol Training: 2/ 1 weeks, Volunteer Weeks: 2/ 3 weeks)
- 3 weeks: $1,090/ $850 (Span-Vol Training: 2/ 1 weeks, Volunteer Weeks: 1/ 2 weeks)
* Extra Spanish week: $383
* Extra Volunteer Week: $170/ $255.
- Volunteer Only (no Spanish Classes)
- If you need a person (Bilingual Guide) to stay with you 4 hours per day, add $123 extra per week to the amount (this can be useful if you don't want Spanish classes, and lack the level required for some projects).
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2008
M17651 offers a big variety of Spanish Courses and Volunteer Programs in three different locations in Costa Rica. We have been working with several students/ volunteers agencies, colleges and universities in United States and Europe. We also work with several public and private organizations in Costa Rica, and we place...