Teaching English in Primary Schooloffered by supplier M17651 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 21 - 42 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 10 people
Destination(s): Costa Rica
Specialty Categories: Volunteering Vacations
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 850 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1600 US Dollar (USD)
Many classes are formed of about 35 children and very scant resources. Often, the children lack pens, pencils, and paper. Consequently, the volunteer should be creative to compensate for the lack of materials. Volunteers for this placement must be highly motivated "self-starters" who are able to work independently. Working with these children in our Costa Rica volunteer program will give you the opportunity to share your love and skill with those who need it. As a bonus, you will have free time to explore the cultural and natural wonder of Costa Rica.
- Food and Accommodation
- Arrival Pick-Up
- Costa Rica Orientation
- Costa Rica Co-ordination
- Program Support
- 24 Hour back-up from local and regional staff.
- International and domestic airfare and corresponding airport departure taxes (26$)
- Costs associated with obtaining a visa or immunizations (when needed)
- Long-distance and international phone calls
- Extraneous entertainment, food or gifts
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel Insurance
- Health Insurance.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Placement fee: $300 + $200 per week ($300 for Eco-Projects)
- 6 weeks: $1,600/ $1,400 (Span-Vol Training: 2/ 1 weeks, Volunteer Weeks: 4/ 5 weeks)
- 5 weeks: $1,460 (Span-Vol Training: 2/ 1 weeks, Volunteer Weeks: 3/ 4 weeks)
- 4 weeks: $1,290/ $1,050 (Span-Vol Training: 2/ 1 weeks, Volunteer Weeks: 2/ 3 weeks)
- 3 weeks: $1,090/ $850 (Span-Vol Training: 2/ 1 weeks, Volunteer Weeks: 1/ 2 weeks)
* Extra Spanish week: $383
* Extra Volunteer Week: $170/ $255.
- Volunteer Only (no Spanish Classes)
- If you need a person (Bilingual Guide) to stay with you 4 hours per day, add $123 extra per week to the amount (this can be useful if you don't want Spanish classes, and lack the level required for some projects).
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2008
M17651 offers a big variety of Spanish Courses and Volunteer Programs in three different locations in Costa Rica. We have been working with several students/ volunteers agencies, colleges and universities in United States and Europe. We also work with several public and private organizations in Costa Rica, and we place...