Teaching English to Teenagersoffered by supplier M17651 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 21 - 42 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 12 people
Destination(s): Costa Rica
Specialty Categories: Volunteering Vacations
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 850 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1600 US Dollar (USD)
As Costa Rica develops its tourism industry, it is becoming a more popular destination for English-speaking tourists. For people to become part of this ever-growing industry, it is important for them to understand and speak English. Schools in the major cities are able to easily attract English teachers; however, more rural schools have a high need for English-speaking volunteers to help with these classes.
In this project, volunteers will contribute their time and energy in working with teenagers and local adults, teaching all levels of English and/or being an English Teacher´s Assistant. At times, additional help with games, drawing, and other creative activities will be needed. Volunteer creativity will be needed to compensate for the lack of materials. Volunteers for this placement must be highly motivated "self-starters" who are able to work independently. Working in the Costa Rica Teaching English volunteer program gives you an opportunity to share your love and skills with grateful people while having free time to enjoy the fascinating culture of Costa Rica.
- Homestay: This type of accommodation is available in most of our projects. We use great local families who are all screened and are very happy to have volunteers who are there to help their communities Meals are included in your homestay accommodation. Food will be standard Costa Rican cuisine. All food and drinks served by the host family will be safe to eat and vegetarians can be accommodated. Laundry service is offered once a week.
- Volunteers houses: Some of the projects have small or medium size volunteer houses. Volunteers share rooms with others. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner is provided Monday to Friday for volunteers who stay in the volunteer house as part of their program fee. The houses have nice facilities. Sometimes volunteers are expected to help with meals and assist in the cleaning of the volunteer house. They can sleep on beds, and sometimes bunk beds. The volunteer houses are also available to be used on the weekends.
- Food and Accommodation
- Arrival Pick-Up
- Costa Rica Orientation
- Costa Rica Co-ordination
- Program Support
- 24 Hour back-up from local and regional staff.
- International and domestic airfare and corresponding airport departure taxes (26$)
- Costs associated with obtaining a visa or immunizations (when needed)
- Long-distance and international phone calls
- Extraneous entertainment, food or gifts
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel Insurance
- Health Insurance.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Placement fee: $300 + $200 per week ($300 for Eco-Projects)
- 6 weeks: $1,600/ $1,400 (Span-Vol Training: 2/ 1 weeks, Volunteer Weeks: 4/ 5 weeks)
- 5 weeks: $1,460 (Span-Vol Training: 2/ 1 weeks, Volunteer Weeks: 3/ 4 weeks)
- 4 weeks: $1,290/ $1,050 (Span-Vol Training: 2/ 1 weeks, Volunteer Weeks: 2/ 3 weeks)
- 3 weeks: $1,090/ $850 (Span-Vol Training: 2/ 1 weeks, Volunteer Weeks: 1/ 2 weeks)
* Extra Spanish week: $383
* Extra Volunteer Week: $170/ $255.
- Volunteer Only (no Spanish Classes)
- If you need a person (Bilingual Guide) to stay with you 4 hours per day, add $123 extra per week to the amount (this can be useful if you don't want Spanish classes, and lack the level required for some projects).
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2008
M17651 offers a big variety of Spanish Courses and Volunteer Programs in three different locations in Costa Rica. We have been working with several students/ volunteers agencies, colleges and universities in United States and Europe. We also work with several public and private organizations in Costa Rica, and we place...