National Parks Volunteeringoffered by supplier M17651 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 21 - 42 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 17 people
Destination(s): Costa Rica
Specialty Categories: Volunteering Vacations
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 850 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1600 US Dollar (USD)
- Clean trails and paths
- Make signs
- Office work
- General cleaning
- Take care of animals
- To plant, and take care of plants.
Like those of other developing countries, the local people of Costa Rica also need help understanding the importance of nature and its preservation. Safeguarding the wonderful natural features of Costa Rica is only possible if conservation work starts at the grass roots level. In Costa Rica volunteer projects, volunteers work for a project-dedicated do several different jobs in 4 Protected Areas. You can choose one of them.
This eco-tourism project focuses on local cultures, wilderness adventures, personal growth, and learning new ways to live on our vulnerable planet. Volunteering for this project involves helping to minimize the adverse effects of traditional tourism on the natural environment and enhance the cultural integrity of the local people. Our goal is to teach people and enable them to enjoy and learn about the natural, historical, and cultural characteristics of unique environments while preserving the integrity of those sites and stimulating the economic development opportunities in local communities.
- Food and Accommodation
- Arrival Pick-Up
- Costa Rica Orientation
- Costa Rica Co-ordination
- Program Support
- 24 Hour back-up from local and regional staff.
- International and domestic airfare and corresponding airport departure taxes (26$)
- Costs associated with obtaining a visa or immunizations (when needed)
- Long-distance and international phone calls
- Extraneous entertainment, food or gifts
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel Insurance
- Health Insurance.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Placement fee: $300 + $200 per week ($300 for Eco-Projects)
- 6 weeks: $1,600/ $1,400 (Span-Vol Training: 2/ 1 weeks, Volunteer Weeks: 4/ 5 weeks)
- 5 weeks: $1,460 (Span-Vol Training: 2/ 1 weeks, Volunteer Weeks: 3/ 4 weeks)
- 4 weeks: $1,290/ $1,050 (Span-Vol Training: 2/ 1 weeks, Volunteer Weeks: 2/ 3 weeks)
- 3 weeks: $1,090/ $850 (Span-Vol Training: 2/ 1 weeks, Volunteer Weeks: 1/ 2 weeks)
* Extra Spanish week: $383
* Extra Volunteer Week: $170/ $255.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2008
M17651 offers a big variety of Spanish Courses and Volunteer Programs in three different locations in Costa Rica. We have been working with several students/ volunteers agencies, colleges and universities in United States and Europe. We also work with several public and private organizations in Costa Rica, and we place...