Turtle Conservation Volunteering Programoffered by supplier M17651 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 21 - 42 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 21 people
Destination(s): Costa Rica
Specialty Categories: Working with Animals
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 850 Swiss Franc (CHF)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1600 Swiss Franc (CHF)
The nesting season of the Lora turtle runs from May to December, but it goes all year around, getting its high peak in December each year (In December 2002, about 1.200.000 arrived to the beach in the nestling week). Each season, the Costa Rica turtle conservation project recruits volunteers to help in the research and conservation work, such as night patrolling, working in the hatcheries, collecting eggs, and rescuing turtles.
During this time, the volunteer will have a chance to work directly with turtles, taking carapace and nest-dimension measurements, collecting eggs, and tagging the rear flipper of the turtles.This beach is located in an isolated area, and it is a National Park; please apply to this project only, and just only, you like to work with turtles or animals. This is not a party beach.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Placement fee: $300 + $200 per week ($300 for Eco-Projects)
- 6 weeks: $1,600/ $1,400 (Span-Vol Training: 2/ 1 weeks, Volunteer Weeks: 4/ 5 weeks)
- 5 weeks: $1,460 (Span-Vol Training: 2/ 1 weeks, Volunteer Weeks: 3/ 4 weeks)
- 4 weeks: $1,290/ $1,050 (Span-Vol Training: 2/ 1 weeks, Volunteer Weeks: 2/ 3 weeks)
- 3 weeks: $1,090/ $850 (Span-Vol Training: 2/ 1 weeks, Volunteer Weeks: 1/ 2 weeks)
* Extra Spanish week: $383
* Extra Volunteer Week: $170/ $255.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2008
M17651 offers a big variety of Spanish Courses and Volunteer Programs in three different locations in Costa Rica. We have been working with several students/ volunteers agencies, colleges and universities in United States and Europe. We also work with several public and private organizations in Costa Rica, and we place...