Varna - Nessebar One Day Touroffered by supplier M19880 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 1 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 23 people
Specialty Categories: Sightseeing
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 30 Euro (EUR)
Maximum Per Person Price: 50 Euro (EUR)
- Archaeological museum: The museum exhibition area includes a foyer and four halls. The first hall is called “Messambria and the Thracians” and exhibits remains from that epoch. There are exhibits of big stone anchors from 12th-9th centuries BC, proving the rich marine life in Messambria during that time. There are gray-black ceramic pots with embossed ornaments from 9th-6th centuries BC, inscription decree from 3th century BC, silver treasure of coins and much more.
The second hall is called “The Pontea Polis Messambria” and there are lots of decree inscriptions, unique memorial plaques from marble, sculptures, bronze pots, clay statuettes, statues, golden jewelry, coins from gold and silver, amphora, seals lamps and much more. The third hall is called “Messambria in the boundaries of Rome, Byzantium and Bulgaria” presenting exhibits of ceramic pottery, tombstones, statues, marble bases, columns, pedestals, capitols, altar separators, bricks sealed with the name of emperors Constantine and Justinian and other. The fourth hall is called “Icons” and presents a collection of icons and iconostasis from the 18th-19th centuries. Excavations keep going on, even during the time we visited the museum, and new treasures and new discoveries are found daily. These are immediately exposed after restoration.
- The St Sofia Basilica, The church St. Sofia: known also as the Old Metropolitan dated to the 5th – 6th c., The basilica Virgin Eleusa (tenderness) was built in the North side of the peninsula, dated to the 5th-6th c., The Church of Archangels Michael and Gavril, a single nave cruciform building, dated 13th-14th centuries.
- The church St Stefan: It was built at the end of 11th century and twice reconstructed in the 16th and 18th centuries when the narthex was added. St. Stefan is also called The New Metropolitan (Novata Metropolia) and is a significant medieval architectural monument.
- The Church of St Spas: Built in 17th century the small single nave and single apse building has a commemorative inscription which informs the church has been built and mural painted during the time of the Bishop Kiprian (1609).
- The Church St Paraskeva?: The church was built in the 13th-14th centuries with a single nave and narthex.
- The Church St John the Baptist: It was built in the 9th century from stone and mortar. It is in the style of the early Christian basilicas and a transition to the medieval cruciform churches.
- The House of Zhelyo Bogdanov: It was built in the second part of the 19th century and faces the sea. Most of the architectural elements of the building are in baroque style. The consoles, gracefully made in S-form are thick and the balconies are curved. The curved ceiling in the dining room is a joy to the eye.
- The Church of Christ Pantokrator: This church Christ Pantokrator (the powerful) is dated to 13th-14th centuries. It has an exquisite construction and picturesque decoration of the façade.
- The Chimbulev’s House (Chimbulevata Kashta), a typical model of Nessebar’s revival period architecture. The early Byzantine Roman springs built in the 5th-6th centuries. The Fortress walls - Hellenistic from 6th-3rd centuries BC and Byzantine walls and towers from 5th-6th century.
08:45 am Your guide will pick you up from the pier. Departure to Nessebar.
10:30 am Arrival. Sightseeing tour of the Old Nessebar, a cultural monument enclosed in UNESCO's World Heritage List. Sites to be visited in Nessebar: Archaeological museum, The church St Stefan, The early Byzantine Roman springs, The Fortress walls.
12:30 pm Lunch in Nessebar. Departure to Varna. Visit the Cathedral “The Assumption”, the city center, the Marine Garden.
04:40 pm Drop off at the port.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Dec 2009
As a provider of Travel Services in Bulgaria we welcome you and kindly invite you to visit the beauties of Bulgaria. As you browse through our collection of Guided tours, we hope you will find the most exciting and interesting one for you. Among the services offered by our company stand out the coordination of...