Argentina Highlights 12 DaysPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 12 day(s)
Group Size: 10 people
Destination(s): Argentina Brazil
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey Multi-activity
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 1855 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 6375 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1 – Buenos Aires
• Upon arrival you will be met at the airport and transferred by private service to your hotel, leaving you the remainder of the day to explore the historic neighborhoods and enjoy the cafe culture of Buenos Aires.
Day 2 – Buenos Aires City Tour & Tango Show
• Breakfast. Our City Tour will provide you a great overview of the city and its diverse attractions. Over the course of three hours you will have the chance to visit Retiro, Avenida 9 de Julio, Downtown, Puerto Madero, San Telmo, Recoleta and La Boca.
• In the evening you will be treated to one of Buenos Aires’ most emblematic cultural highlight’s; a Dinner and Tango Show offering a spectacular demonstration of the local dancing accompanied by delicious Argentine cuisine and all the malbec you’d like.
Day 3 – Buenos Aires / El Calafate
• At appropriate time you will be picked up at your hotel and transferred to the airport for your flight to El Calafate. Upon arrival you will be taken to the hotel and have the rest of the day to relax or explore the areas around the town or possible make the 1km hike out to Laguna Nimez for a beautiful Patagonian sunset.
Day 4 – El Calafate: Perito Moreno Glacier
• After an early breakfast, you will leave on a full day excursion to Perito Moreno Glacier, in Los Glaciers National Park. A UNESCO World Heritage site since 1981 and home to one of the most awe inspiring sites in Argentina, Perito Moreno Glacier is a site to behold. During the tour you will have the chance to enjoy stunning views of the glacier from the nearby walking trail and viewing platforms, as well as from an included Perito Moreno Glacier boat cruise that will take you close enough to fully appreciate the 80m high ice walls! In the early evening, you will return to you hotel in Calafate.
• For even more adventure, you may want to consider either taking the Big Ice or Mini-Trekking excursion ( at an extra cost ). Both allow you to hike on the glacier!! Ask Say Hueque´s travel advisor for more information.
Day 5 – El Calafate
• Day at leisure to enjoy any of the optional tours around El Calafate. We suggest a visit to Estancia Cristina, a bike ride out to the lake, or a boat cruise to explore some of the more remote glaciers in the region.
Day 6 – El Calafate / Ushuaia
• At appropriate time you will be transferred to the airport to take your flight to Ushuaia. Upon arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel leaving you the rest of the day to explore the city, try some of delicious fresh seafood, or learn of the region’s history at the Prisoners Museums
Day 7 – Ushuaia: Trekking & Canoeing in the National Park, Patagonia
• After breakfast, you will leave on a full day excursion to Tierra del Fuego National Park that allows you to get off the tourist path and see a side of the park that most visitors miss. The excursion includes guided trekking beside the Beagle Channel and canoeing along Lapataia River until Lapataia Bay (Box lunch is included).
• If you prefer a less adventurous option for this day, just let us know and we will change this activity for another one that suits you better (maybe, the Train of the End of the World or a soft trekking).
Day 8 – Beagle Channel Cruise / Buenos Aires
• Breakfast. After making your way to the pier you will take a boat cruise along the famous Beagle Channel. You will gain panoramas of Ushuaia Bay and see the diverse marine wildlife, such as cormorants and fur seals, on De los Lobos and De los Pajaros Islands. On one of the Bridges Isles, you can explore the island for concheros, or giant shells, and enjoy the views of Chile and Argentina. You will also see the Les Eclaireurs lighthouse. During the cruise, you can enjoy snacks and favorite Argentine drink, mate.
• At appropriate time in the afternoon you will be transferred to the airport for your flight to Buenos Aires. Upon arrival, you will be taken to the hotel. Upon arrival, you will be taken in private service to the hotel.
Day 9 – Buenos Aires / Puerto Iguazu
• At appropriate time you will be taken to the domestic airport to take your flight to Puerto Iguazu.
• Upon arrival, you will be met at the airport and provided a transfer to your hotel. You will have the afternoon to relax and enjoy the tropical climate and jungle setting.
Day 10 – Iguazu National Park: Argentine Side
• After breakfast you will depart on a full day tour to the Argentine side of the Iguazu Falls where you will have intimate views of this unforgettable section of the Iguazu River. Lower and upper walkways permit up close and personal experiences with this magnificent spectacle of nature. Trails through the 210 square mile reserve provide visitors with various views of the Falls, especially the largest one, Devil's Throat. The ecological train ride is included in the tour with an option to add the Safari Nautico boat trip ( for an additional cost ). The Iguazu boat trips takes you right up to the base of the Falls. This exciting excursion is highly recommended in order to experience the true power of Iguazu Falls. ( Please be aware- on the boat trip there is a 100% chance that you will get wet...the Falls provide a refreshing “natural shower”. Be sure to take some extra clothes if you want to do this excursion). Return to the hotel in the late afternoon.
Day 11 – Iguazu National Park: Brazilian Side / Buenos Aires
• After breakfast, enjoy a half day excursion to the Brazilian side of the Iguazu Falls where you will enjoy vast panoramic views of the Falls allowing you to take them in in their entirety.
• “Brazil requires that most tourists have a visa to visit the Brazilian side of Iguazu Falls. Please check with the Brazilian Consulate to ensure that you have the appropriate visa before traveling or you will not be allowed to enter Brazil. For example- US citizens, Canadians & Australians (as well as many other nationalities) need a visa to visit the Brazilian side of Iguazu Falls.”
• At appropriate time in the afternoon you will be transferred to the airport to take your flight to Buenos Aires. Upon arrival you will be taken to your hotel.
Day 12 – Buenos Aires
• Breakfast. At appropriate time you will have a private transfer to the international airport for your flight back home. Have a great trip!
Airfare is not included in the tour price.