Ertale Volcano and Dallol Depression with Harar and Tigray Rock Hewn Churchesoffered by supplier M20353 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 13 day(s)
Group Size: 4 - 16 people
Specialty Categories: Wildlife Viewing
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 1827 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2289 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1: Arrival in Addis Ababa airport, where our representative will welcome you and transfer to your hotel. Overnight: Ghion hotel in Addis Ababa.
Day 2: Addis – DireDawa – Harar. Early morning transfer to Addis Ababa airport for your flight to DireDawa. On arrival you will meet your vehicle and drive to Harar on the way visiting the Chat market in Aweday town. The rest of the day visit of Harar with its 5 walls, the mosques, the French poet’s Rimbaud house and more. Evening visit the Hyena man. Overnight: Heritage Plaza Hotel in Harar.
Day 3: Harar – Awash. Drive to Awash on the way admiring the chat plantation and the landscape around the area. Late afternoon game drive around the park and visit the Awash falls. Overnight: Bilen Lodge.
Day 4: Awash – Semera. Drive to Semera - the capital of the Afar people. Overnight: Semera.
Day 5: Drive to Afdera Lake admiring the Afar tribes with their camels. Overnight: camping in Afdera.
Day 6: Afdera Lake – Dodom. Drive to Dodom and the rest of the afternoon will be for preparation of camels and other things for the evening walk up to ErtAle Volcano. Spend the night admiring the volcano.
Day 7: ErtAle. Full day around the volcano and walk back to Dodom. Overnight: camping in Dodom.
Day 8: HamedEla. Proceed to HamedEla via Kursawat crossing the desert. Overnight: camping in HamedEla.
Day 9: Dallol. Excursion to Dallol colorful salts mine; then back to HamedEla. Overnight: camping in HamedEla.
Day 10: HamedEla drive to Hausien where you find the Tigray rock hewn churches at Gheralta clusters. Overnight: Gheralta lodge.
Day 11: Gheralta clusters. Visit churches of Mariam Korkor, Daniel Korkor and Dugum Selassie. Overnight: Gheralta lodge.
Day 12: Hausien – Mekelle. Drive to Mekelle on the way visiting Abreha wo Atsebeha, Wukro Cherkos and Michael Imba churches. Overnight: Axum Hotel.
Day 13: Mekelle – Addis Ababa. Fly back to Addis Ababa. Rest of the day free. Last dinner at Ethiopian traditional restaurant then departure back home.
- 1 Night hotel accommodation at Addis Ababa Ghion hotel on B&B base
- 1 Night hotel accommodation at Awash Bilen lodge on full board base
- 1 Night hotel accommodation at Harar Heritage plaza hotel on full board base
- 1 Night hotel accommodation at Semera Local hotel on full board base
- 5 Nights camping accommodation at Denakil with new brand tent, mattress and all camping gears
- 2 Nights hotel accommodation at Hausien Gheralta lodge on full board base
- 1 Night hotel accommodation at Mekelle Axum hotel on full board base
- Day use room accommodation at Ghion hotel in Addis at the end of the tour
- Entrance fees
- Local guide fees on the spot
- English Speaking Guide
- Afar police
- Road Guide
- Park ranger fee Awash
- 1/2 day city tour
- Transfer from/to Addis Ababa airport
- Cook Wagon
- Free tour leader starting from 6 to 16 Pax
- Mineral water
- Toyota Land cruiser including fuel, driver’s allowance and comprehensive insurance coverage.
- Lunch and dinner in Addis Ababa
- International air ticket
- Domestic air ticket
- Airport tax
- Alcoholic drinks and drinks off meal time
- Video camera fee
- Personal expenses.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- 4 pax: USD 2250 p/p
- 5 pax: USD 2451 p/p
- 6 pax + 1 tour leader free: USD 2289 p/p
- 7 pax + 1 tour leader free: USD 2123 p/p
- 8 pax + 1 tour leader free: USD 2283 p/p
- 9 pax + 1 tour leader free: USD 2110 p/p
- 10 Pax + 1 tour leader free: USD 1978 p/p
- 11 pax + 1 tour leader free: USD 1885 p/p
- 12 pax + 1 tour leader free: USD 2006 p/p
- 13 pax + 1 tour leader free: USD 1910 p/p
- 14 pax + 1 tour leader free: USD 1827 p/p
- 15 pax + 1 tour leader free: USD 1759 p/p
- 16 pax + 1 tour leader free: USD 1859 p/p
- Single Supplement: USD 168.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Jun 2010
M20353 is established by well experienced professional teams in the Tour and safaris field in January 2008 to provide outstanding services to its esteemed clients who wish to spend their holiday in Ethiopia. It is legally formed by Ministry of culture and Tourism as well as Ministry of Trade and Industry of Ethiopia. ...