15 Days Treasures of Indochinaoffered by supplier M18235 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 15 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 12 people
Destination(s): Vietnam Laos Cambodia
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey National Parks
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 1457 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2824 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1: Welcome to Saigon!
You will be met at the airport for transfer to your hotel in Saigon. The rest of the day is free. Saigon is a bustling, dynamic and industrious urban center. It is the largest city in Vietnam, the economic capital and the cultural trendsetter. Yet within the teeming metropolis are the timeless traditions and beauty of an ancient culture. In the evening, join your Tour Guide and fellow travelers for a Welcome Dinner. Overnight in hotel, Saigon.
Day 2: Saigon - Mekong Delta - Saigon.
After breakfast, travel out of Saigon and spend the full day boating along the waterways of the lush Mekong Delta region on an exploration excursion. On arrival in Cai Be district, take a boat ride to visit a local orchard and the Cai Be floating market, an interesting type of market common in the Mekong Delta. Approximately 400-500 boats loaded to the gunnels with fruit, vegetables and other local produce anchor or moor along the banks of the river every day waiting to offload their goods to wholesale traders or local customers.
Everybody here buys, sells and barters their goods only from their boats. Leaving Cai Be, visit some cottage industry workshops making coconut candy, crispy rice cakes, rice paper, etc. Continue on along the village pathways to visit a local house. For lunch, the people will serve a local delicacy - Elephant’s-Ear fish. After lunch, take a stroll around the village to see local's go about their daily lives. Visit Vinh Long local market before returning to Saigon in the late afternoon. Overnight in hotel, Saigon. Includes: (B, L).
Day 3: Saigon - Hue (VN 254 17:00 – 18:20).
In the morning, discover the city’s most attractive sites, taking in the Notre Dame Cathedral, the Central Post Office and Chinatown.
In the afternoon, take a short flight to the imperial city of Hue. On arrival, you will be met at the airport for the transfer to your hotel. The evening is free. Overnight in hotel, Hue. Includes: (B).
Day 4: Discover Hue, the Imperial City.
In the morning, take a boat ride along the romantic Perfume River. Stop off at the Thien Mu Pagoda on the banks of the river to see the 7-storey Stupa. The pagoda is also home to the old Austin car driven to Saigon by the Venerable Thich Quang Duc in 1963 for his self-immolation. Continue on to visit the mausoleum of Emperor Minh Mang (1791-1841), built between 1841 and 1843. The Emperor’s mausoleum complex consists of 40 constructions (palaces, temples, pavilions etc.) designed on a symmetrical axis. Lunch is a special vegetarian meal with the nuns of Dong Thuyen Pagoda. In the afternoon, visit the Imperial Citadel and Forbidden City, created in the 19th century for the Emperors of the Nguyen Dynasty. Enjoy some “retail therapy” at Dong Ba Market before transferring back to the hotel. Overnight in hotel, Hue. Includes: (B, L).
Day 5: Hue - Danang - Hoi An.
After breakfast at the hotel, visit the mausoleums of the Emperors Tu Duc (1829-1883) and Khai Dinh (1885-1925). On the way to down to Danang, stop in for a refreshment break at Lang Co beach, one of the World’s most beautiful bays. Continue driving to Danang to visit the Cham Museum. Afterwards, head to the World Cultural Heritage Site of Hoi An Ancient Town. Check-in to your hotel. Enjoy some free time on a walking tour through the narrow lanes of the town, lined with century-old buildings and illuminated at night by hundreds of colorful lanterns. Discover the traditional shop-houses and temples, and the iconic Japanese Covered Bridge. Overnight in hotel, Hoi An. Includes: (B).
Day 6: Hoi An - My Son - Hoi An.
In the morning, take a half-day excursion to My Son Sanctuary. My Son is a religious site dating back to the Kingdom of Champa, and also a burial place of Cham royals and national heroes. The My Son temple complex is one of the foremost remaining examples of Hindu influence in South East Asia and is the most prominent heritage site of this nature in Vietnam. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant.
The afternoon is free in Hoi An Ancient town. For something different, you can join in a fun cooking class, head to the nearby Cua Dai beach or observe local life on a sunset cruise on the peaceful Thu Bon River. Overnight in hotel, Hoi An. Includes: (B).
Day 7: Hoi An - Danang - Hanoi City Tour and Cooking Demonstration at Van Giang Village (VN 310 08:05 - 09:15).
In the morning, take a short drive to Danang airport for the flight to Hanoi. On arrival, you will be met at the airport for the transfer to your hotel. Renowned as the ’Paris of the East’, Hanoi is one of Asia’s most fascinating cities. Rich in culture and history, this diverse city draws on its influences from both French and Chinese culture.
Visit Tran Quoc Pagoda, one of the oldest in Hanoi. Located beside the dazzling West Lake, Tran Quoc Pagoda is a cultural symbol of Vietnamese Buddhism. Afterwards, take a 30min drive to Van Giang Village to attend a cooking demonstration given by a local family. After the cooking demonstration, join the Vietnamese family in their home for a delicious lunch before driving back to Hanoi. The rest of the day is free. Overnight in hotel, Hanoi. Includes: (B, L).
Day 8: Hanoi - Ha Long Bay.
Depart Hanoi in the morning for the scenic three-hour drive through the countryside to Ha Long Bay, a natural wonder with thousands of islands rising out of the water, creating a unique and beautiful landscape. On arrival, embark on one of the Bhaya Classic vessels for an overnight cruise through the 3,000 limestone islands, many punctuated by caves and grottoes. Savor a delicious Vietnamese buffet lunch as Bhaya Classic heads to Bai Tu Long Bay passing the towns of Hon Gai and Cam Pha, Oan Lagoon, Mat Quy (Monster Head) and Am Tich (Teapot) Islets. Take a row boat to visit the Vung Vieng fishing village. Enjoy a range of fantastic recreation or relaxation activities on board: a cooking demonstration, traditional massage, swimming, kayaking etc. Finish the day with a sumptuous set-menu dinner. Overnight on board Bhaya Classic, Ha Long Bay. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 9: Ha Long Bay - Hanoi.
Start the day with calming Tai Chi on the Sundeck while complimentary tea and coffee are served. Bhaya Classic weighs anchor to cruise through the Bay passing beautiful spots like Trong (Drum), Trinh Nu (Virgin) and Me Cung Caves, Coc Ngoi (Toad) Islet, etc. Explore the Surprise Cave (Sung Sot). Buffet brunch is served onboard. The vessel cruises leisurely back to Ha Long harbor. On disembarkation, transfer back to Hanoi. On arrival in Hanoi, pay a visit to the Temple Of Literature, dating back to 1070, it is the first university in Vietnam and pre-dates the English language. The evening is free. Overnight in hotel, Hanoi. Includes: (B).
Day 10: Hanoi - Luang Prabang (VN 869 09:00 – 09:55).
After breakfast, transfer to the airport for the short flight to Luang Prabang, perhaps the best preserved traditional city in all Southeast Asia. On arrival, you will be met at the airport for the transfer to your hotel. In the afternoon, visit the National Museum at the former Royal Palace, picturesque Wat Mai, the magnificent Wat Xiengthong with its roof sweeping low to the ground, and the classic, symbolic architecture of Luang Prabang temples.
The impressive Stupa of Wat Visoun, the shrine of Wat Aham. Then climb up to the top of Mount Phousi for an enjoyable exploration of the sacred, gilded Stupa as well as a superb view over the town and Mekong river. From there, walk through Luang Prabang to visit the lively night market in the streets. Overnight in hotel, Luang Prabang. Includes: (B).
Day 11: Luang Prabang - Pak Ou Caves.
In the morning, take a boat ride upstream on the Mekong River to Pak Ou Caves, crammed with thousands of gold lacquered statues of the Buddha in various postures and sizes. Along the way, stop off at the village of Ban Xanghai, where they make the local rice wine.
On return, stop to visit Ban Chan and then overland to the local villages at Ban Xiengmene, continue on to see the royal temple at Wat Longkhoun, which once belonged to the royal family and then visit the nearby Sackarine Caves. Time permitting, also visit the weaving villages of Ban Xiengkhong. Overnight in hotel, Luang Prabang. Includes: (B, L).
Day 12: Luang Prabang - Siem Reap (VN 869 10:35 – 12:00).l
After breakfast, drive to the airport for the short flight to Siem Reap. On arrival, transfer to the hotel for check-in. In the afternoon, enter the South Gate of Angkor Thom Temple and marvel at the wonders of the eerie Bayon, Phimean Akas, the terrace of Elephants and the terrace of the Leper King. Enjoy the sunset view over Phnom Bakheng. Overnight in hotel, Siem Reap. Includes: (B).
Day 13: Angkor Wat Temples.
In the morning, visit the famous Angkor Wat, built by King Suryavarman II in the early 12th century. The largest and best-preserved of the Angkor temples, it is also the most well-known world-wide and a source of pride for the Khmer people. Indeed, Angkor Wat has appeared on the Cambodian flag for almost 150 years. After lunch, visit Preah Khan Temple, built in the 12th century for King Jayavarman VII. Then take a half hour journey to Banteay Srey, one of the most unusual of the Angkor temples. The temple lies approximately 20 km north of the main group of temples and is constructed from elaborately carved red sandstone. Overnight in hotel, Siem Reap. Includes: (B).
Day 14: Angkor Wat Temples.
After breakfast, continue the journey of discovery through the wonders of Angkor with visits to several ancient temples.
- The Prasat Kravan temples: five brick towers with large wall sculptures of Vishnu and Lakshmi giving away the Hindu origins of the towers.
- The Banteay Kdei Temple: a massive Buddhist monastery ringed by concentric walls and built in the late 12th century.
- The Srah Srang: a royal bathhouse located east of Banteay Kdei, it was constructed in the mid-10th century.
- Ta Prohm Temple: Unlike most of the other Angkor temples, Ta Prohm has not been repaired, restored or preserved but has been left as it was found. The jungle trees and roots growing in, out and through the ruins have made this temple ruin a favorite among visitors to Angkor.
- Ta Keo: an incomplete temple in the Khleangs style.
- Thommanon: one of a pair of Hindu temples built at the end of the 11th century.
In the afternoon, set out for a cruise on the beautiful Tonle Sap Lake, passing a floating village and seeing the daily life of the locals. Enjoy a Farewell Dinner with an Apsara performance. Overnight in hotel, Siem Reap. Includes: (B, D).
Day 15: Depart Siem Reap.
Morning free until transfer to the airport for departure flight. Includes: (B).
Departure dates: 24 Jul, 14 Aug, 28 Aug, 04 Sep, 18 Sep, 02 Oct, 16 Oct, 30 Oct, 13 Nov, 27, Nov, 11 Dec and 25 Dec.
- 13-nights hotel accommodation on a twin-share basic with daily breakfast
- 01-night onboard Bhaya Classic in Halong Bay in twin-share cabin
- Flights as specific (economy class): Saigon - Hue, Danang - Hanoi, Hanoi - Luang Prabang, Luang Prabang - Siem Reap
- Meals as described in the itineraries: 14 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 3 Highlight Dinners
- All transfers within the tour by air-conditioned vehicle, including pick-up and drop-off at airports on arrival and departure days (without guide).
- Boat trips in Hue, the Mekong Delta, Pak Ou and Siem Reap
- All entrance and sightseeing fees
- English or French speaking guides (other languages available upon request)
- Approval letter for landing visa to Vietnam: single entry, one month valid.
- International airfare and airport tax in Vietnam and out Cambodia
- Beverages and other meals do not indicate in the program
- Visa fees to Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia
- Early check-in and late check-out at all hotels
- Travel insurance
- Kayak, Massage, Tai Chi Class
- Personal expenses (laundry, telephone, shopping)
- Single room
- Any additional expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as natural calamities (typhoon, floods), flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes etc.
- Classic Category:
* Saigon: Lavender Hotel
* Hue: Huong Giang Hotel
* Hoi An: Hoi An Trails Resort
* Hanoi: La Dolce Vita Hotel
* Ha Long Bay: Bhaya Cruises
* Luang Prabang: Villa Maydou Hotel
* Siem Reap: Casa Angkor Hotel
- Deluxe Category:
* Saigon: Caravelle Hotel
* Hue: La Residence Resort & Spa
* Hoi An: Palm Garden Resort
* Hanoi: Melia Hanoi Hotel
* Ha Long Bay: Bhaya Cruises
* Luang Prabang: Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel
* Siem Reap: Angkor Palace Resort and Spa.
- All flights and hotels are subject to availability. If the above hotels are not available, hotels of a similar standard will be used
- Prices are in US dollars per person, sharing a twin room.
- Children aged 2-12 years sharing accommodation with parents will receive a 30% off of the full tour price. Children aged 2-12 years sharing the same room with parents and using extra bed will receive a 15% off of the full tour price. Children under 2 years sharing accommodation with parents will participate for free of charge
- One fixed departure of every week: tour starts on Saturday and finishes on Saturday
- Guaranteed departure for minimum of two people traveling together; maximum of 12 person per group.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Adult in classic accommodation USD 2081
- Child in classic accommodation USD 1769(own bed)
- Child in classic accommodation USD 1457 (without own bed)
- Adult in deluxe accommodation USD 2824
- Child in deluxe accommodation USD 2400 (own bed)
- Child in deluxe accommodation USD 1977 (without own bed).
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Jun 2008
Our company was founded in September 2007. We both have years of experience from working in travel and hotel business in both Thailand and Denmark. Currently the company total eight persons connected full time or freelance. Our company's slogan is "far from ordinary". Our tour production aims at...