8 Days Colors of Vietnamoffered by supplier M18235 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 8 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 12 people
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 473 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 675 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1: Arrive Hanoi.
Welcome to Hanoi! You will be met at the airport for transfer to your hotel in Hanoi. The rest of the day is free. In the evening, join your Tour Guide and fellow travelers for dinner before attending a performance of a traditional theater art unique to Vietnam, Water Puppetry. Overnight in hotel, Hanoi. Includes: (D).
Day 2: Hanoi City Tour - Ha Long Bay.
After breakfast, start exploring Hanoi by visiting the Ho Chi Minh complex, starting at the late-President’s Mausoleum. The excursion continues on to his humble “stilt house” before visiting the French colonial Governor’s Palace and the 11th century One-Pillar Pagoda. Then take a short drive to visit the Temple of Literature, dating from 1070, the first university in Vietnam and older than the English language. Have lunch at a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, take a Cyclo ride through the “Guild streets” of Hanoi’s Old Quarter, passing the Opera House and the Saint Joseph Cathedral. Depart Hanoi in the late afternoon for the scenic three-hour drive through the countryside to Ha Long Bay, a natural wonder with thousands of islands rising out of the water, creating a unique and beautiful landscape. On arrival, check-in at the hotel, then free this evening at leisure. Overnight in hotel, Ha Long. Includes: (B, L).
Day 3: Ha Long Bay - Hanoi.
In the morning, board a traditional junk for a leisurely 4-hour cruise through the 3,000 limestone islands, many punctuated by caves and grottoes. Visit two of the most stunning caves in the Bay: Heavenly Palace and Wooden Stake. A fresh seafood lunch is served on board. Transfer back to Hanoi in the afternoon. On the way, stop in at Sao Do to visit a craft center for people with disabilities. On arrival in Hanoi, head downtown for some “retail therapy”. Take the overnight train to the imperial city of Hue at 19:00. Overnight on the train. Includes: (B, L).
Day 4: Imperial Hue.
Early morning arrival in Hue, we will be met at the railway station for transfer to a restaurant for breakfast. After breakfast, visit the Imperial Citadel and Forbidden City, created in the 19th century for the Emperors of the Nguyen Dynasty. Then take a boat ride along the romantic Perfume River. Stop off at the Thien Mu Pagoda on the banks of the river to see the 7-storey Stupa. The pagoda is also home to the old Austin car driven to Saigon by the Venerable Thich Quang Duc in 1963 for his self-immolation.
Transfer to the hotel to check-in. After lunch, take a short drive to the outskirts of Hue to visit the mausoleum of Emperor Minh Mang (1791-1841), built between 1841 and 1843. The Emperor’s mausoleum complex consists of 40 constructions (palaces, temples, pavilions etc) designed on a symmetrical axis. End the day with a visit to Dong Ba market in downtown Hue City. Overnight in hotel, Hue. Includes: (B, L).
Day 5: Hue - Danang - Hoi An.
After breakfast, travel down the coast road passing over the spectacular Hai Van pass to Danang, and visit the Cham Museum and local market in Danang city. Then transfer to the ancient trading port town of Hoi An. On the way, visit the Non Nuoc stone mason’s village and Marble Mountain. On arrival in Hoi An, check-in at the hotel. This evening is free at leisure. Overnight in hotel, Hoi An. Includes: (B, L).
Day 6: Hoi An - Danang - Saigon (VN 327 18:10 – 19:20).
In the morning, enjoy a half-day walking tour through the narrow streets of the ancient town, visiting the Chua Ong Pagoda, Chinese Assembly Halls, the 200-year old Tam Ky ancestral house, the Japanese Covered Bridge and the colorful local market. In the afternoon, transfer back to Danang for the short flight to Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City). On arrival, you will be met at the airport for transfer to your hotel. Overnight in hotel, Saigon. Includes: (B, L).
Day 7: Saigon - Cu Chi Tunnels.
In the morning, leave Saigon for the Cu Chi tunnels, an incredible underground system covering nearly 250km2 and home to more than 16,000 communist guerrillas and sympathizers during the war. Return to Saigon for lunch. In the afternoon, take a half-day city tour. Explore the city’s grand boulevards, passing famous sites such as Reunification Palace (the former Presidential Palace), the historic Saigon Post Office and the Notre Dame Cathedral. The last stop for the day is Ben Thanh market (time permitting). Overnight in hotel, Saigon. Includes: (B, L).
Day 8: Depart Saigon.
After breakfast, free until transfer to the airport for departure flights. Includes: (B).
Departure dates: 31 Jul, 14 Aug, 28 Aug, 18 Sep, 25 Sep, 9 Oct, 23 Oct, 13 Nov, 27, Nov, 11 Dec and 25 Dec.
- 6-nights hotel accommodation on a twin-share basic with daily breakfast
- 1-overnight on the train Hanoi to Hue (soft sleeper bed, air-conditioned cabin, 4 beds/cabin)
- Flights as specific (economy class): Danang – Saigon
- Meals as described in the itineraries: 7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 1 Highlight Dinner
- All transfers within the tour by air-conditioned vehicle, including pick-up and drop-off at airports on arrival and departure days (without guide).
- Boat trips in Halong Bay and Hue
- All entrance and sightseeing fees
- English or French speaking guides (other languages available upon request)
- Approval letter for landing visa to Vietnam: single entry, one month valid.
- International airfare and airport tax in Vietnam
- Beverages and other meals do not indicate in the program
- Visa fees to Vietnam
- Early check-in and late check-out at all hotels
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses (laundry, telephone, shopping)
- Single room
- Any additional expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as natural calamities (typhoon, floods), flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes etc.
- Hanoi: La Dolce Vita Hotel
- Halong: Blue Sky Hotel
- Hue: Duy Tan Hotel
- Hoi An: Indochine Hotel
- Saigon: Hoang Hai Long Hotel.
- All flights and hotels are subject to availability. If the above hotels are not available, hotels of a similar standard will be used
- Prices are in US dollars per person, sharing a twin room.
- Children aged 2-12 years sharing accommodation with parents will receive a 30% off of the full tour price. Children aged 2-12 years sharing the same room with parents and using extra bed will receive a 15% off of the full tour price. Children under 2 years sharing accommodation with parents will participate for free of charge
- One fixed departure of every week: tour starts on Saturday and finishes on Saturday
- Guaranteed departure for minimum of two people traveling together; maximum of 12 person per group.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Adult: USD 675
- Child: USD 574 (own bed)
- Child: USD 473 (without own bed).
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Jun 2008
Our company was founded in September 2007. We both have years of experience from working in travel and hotel business in both Thailand and Denmark. Currently the company total eight persons connected full time or freelance. Our company's slogan is "far from ordinary". Our tour production aims at...