9 Days Mekong Delta Discoveroffered by supplier M18235 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 9 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 12 people
Destination(s): Cambodia Vietnam
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 585 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 835 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1: Arrive Siem Reap.
On arrival, you will be met at the airport for the transfer to your hotel in Siem Reap. Spend the rest of the day discovering the famous Angkor temple complexes. Enter the South Gate of Angkor Thom Temple and marvel at the wonders of the eerie Bayon, Phimean Akas, the terrace of Elephants and the terrace of the Leper King. Afterwards, continue on to visit Ta Prohm temple, shrouded in jungle and left just as it was when it was found by French explorers in the 1850s.
After lunch, visit the Angkor Wat Temple. This ancient Khmer architectural masterpiece was built in the 12th century, took 30 years to complete and represents the pinnacle of achievement for the ancient Khmer civilization. Enjoy the sunset view over Phnom Bakheng. Overnight in hotel, Siem Reap. Includes: (D).
Day 2: Siem Reap.
After breakfast, continue the journey of discovery through the wonders of Angkor with visits to several outlying ancient temples: Banteay Srey is one of the more unusual temples in Cambodia. The temple lies approximately 20 km north of the main group of temples and is constructed from elaborately carved red sandstone. The Banteay Samre Temple was built in the mid-to later decades of the 12th century. It consists of a central temple with four wings preceded by a hall and accompanied by two libraries, the southern most of which is remarkably well preserved.
Two concentric walls enclose the ensemble. The Srah Srang: a royal bathhouse located east of Banteay Kdei, it was constructed in the mid-10th century. The Banteay Kdei Temple: a massive Buddhist monastery ringed by concentric walls and built in the late 12th century. The Prasat Kravan temples: five brick towers with large wall sculptures of Vishnu and Lakshmi giving away the Hindu origins of the towers. Overnight in hotel, Siem Reap. Includes: (B, L).
Day 3: Siem Reap.
Breakfast at the hotel. Then visit the ancient Roluos group of temples: Preah Ko, Bakong and Lolei. Learn about the history of Angkor here from 800 to 900 AD. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant. In the afternoon, set out for a cruise on the beautiful Tonle Sap Lake, passing a floating village and seeing the daily life of the locals. Overnight in hotel, Siem Reap. Includes: (B, L).
Day 4: Siem Reap - Phnom Penh.
In the morning, travel overland through the picturesque Cambodian countryside from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh. In the afternoon, take a city tour starting with a visit to the Royal Palace, the incredible Silver Pagoda with its floor of solid silver, and the National Museum which is a treasure trove of Angkorian and pre-Angkorian artifact. In the evening, enjoy a boat cruise on the mighty Mekong River to take in the sunset views. Overnight in hotel, Phnom Penh. Includes: (B, L).
Day 5: Phnom Penh - Chau Doc.
After breakfast, spend the morning at the famed Russian Market for some “retail therapy” before boarding the boat for the voyage to Chau Doc, Vietnam, which departs at 13:30. Arrive in Chau Doc, check-in to your hotel, then your time is free. Overnight in hotel, Chau Doc. Includes: (B, L).
Day 6: Chau Doc - Can Tho.
Take a boat trip to the local floating market and visit a bonsai garden. Following this, visit the Lady Xu temple and Sam Mountain, which affords magnificent panoramic views back across the border into Cambodia and out over the vast expanses of the “rice bowl” which is the Mekong Delta. The boat voyage continues further down a branch of the Mekong River to Can Tho for an overnight stay.
Overnight in hotel, Can Tho. Includes: (B, L).
Day 7: Can Tho - Vinh Long.
In the morning, set off for a drive overland across the verdant Mekong Delta rice lands to Vinh Long. Then board a boat to cruise through the maze of interconnecting waterways and canals for the final leg of the trip to Vinh Long. Along the way, stop at the home of a Bonsai gardener for a sumptuous Delta lunch, before continuing your exploration of the backwaters, branches and canals that form the Mekong Delta. Towards the end of the day, arrive at the home of a local family whose house is built on stilts over the water. These people will be your hosts for the evening and will share their tales of life in the Delta. Overnight in home-stay, Vinh Long. Includes: (B, L).
Day 8: Vinh Long - Cu Chi Tunnels - Saigon.
Rise early to the sounds of the Delta coming to life before taking breakfast and then boarding the boat again for a cruise to the fascinating Cai Be floating market. There is a stop along the way to visit some local cottage industries. Following these visits, travel by road to the town of My Tho to visit the Dong Tam snake farm. Then continue on to the Cu Chi tunnels for a unique experience and insight into what life underground must have been like during the U.S. Vietnam War. After Cu Chi, travel on to your hotel in Saigon. Overnight in hotel, Saigon. Includes: (B, L).
Day 9: Saigon City Tour (Departure).
In the morning, visit the Reunification Palace, former home to the President of southern Vietnam and his predecessors. Today this building is a museum and venue for official receptions and events. Inside we visit the President's private rooms and office, the “War Room” from where South Vietnamese armed forces were controlled, and most poignantly, the room where the North Vietnamese Army took the final surrender in 1975.
Nearby is the grand Post Office and Notre Dame Cathedral, built between 1877 and 1883, it is one of the city’s major landmarks. Neo-Romanesque in style, Notre Dame is the major seat of the Catholic faith in modern Vietnam. We continue on to the War Remnants Museum where we learn about the Vietnam War itself and the horrors of war in general. Transfer to the airport for onward flights or take a holiday extension. Includes: (B, L).
Departure dates: 18 Jul, 8 Aug, 22 Aug, 5 Sep, 19 Sep, 10 Oct, 24 Oct, 14 Nov, 28 Nov, 12 Dec and 26 Dec.
- 8-nights hotel accommodation on a twin-share basic with daily breakfast
- Meals as described in the itineraries: 8 Breakfasts, 8 Lunches, 1 Highlight Dinner
- All transfers within the tour by air-conditioned vehicle, including pick-up and drop-off at airports on arrival and departure days (without guide).
- Boat trips on the Tonle Sap Lake and Mekong Delta
- All entrance and sightseeing fees
- English or French speaking guides (other languages available upon request)
- Approval letter for landing visa to Vietnam: single entry, one month valid
- International airfare and airport tax in Cambodia and out Vietnam
- Beverages and other meals do not indicate in the program
- Visa fees to Cambodia and Vietnam
- Early check-in and late check-out at all hotels
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses (laundry, telephone, shopping)
- Single room
- Any additional expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as natural calamities (typhoon, floods), flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes etc.
- Siem Reap: Casa Angkor Hotel
- Phnom Penh: Diamond Hotel
- Chau Doc: Chau Pho Hotel
- Can Tho: Saigon Can Tho Hotel
- Saigon: Hoang Hai Long Hotel.
- All flights and hotels are subject to availability. If the above hotels are not available, hotels of a similar standard will be used
- Prices are in US dollars per person, sharing a twin room.
- Children aged 2-12 years sharing accommodation with parents will receive a 30% off of the full tour price. Children aged 2-12 years sharing the same room with parents and using extra bed will receive a 15% off of the full tour price. Children under 2 years sharing accommodation with parents will participate for free of charge
- One fixed departure of every week: tour starts on Sunday and finishes on Monday
- Guaranteed departure for minimum of two people traveling together; maximum of 12 person per group.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Adult: USD 835
- Child: USD 710 (own bed)
- Child: USD 585 (without own bed).
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Jun 2008
Our company was founded in September 2007. We both have years of experience from working in travel and hotel business in both Thailand and Denmark. Currently the company total eight persons connected full time or freelance. Our company's slogan is "far from ordinary". Our tour production aims at...