13 Days Highlights of Vietnam and Cambodiaoffered by supplier M18235 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 13 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 12 people
Destination(s): Vietnam Cambodia
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 1165 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2294 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1: Arrive Hanoi.
Welcome to Hanoi! You will be met at the airport for transfer to your hotel in Hanoi. The rest of the day is free. Renowned as the ‘Paris of the East’, Hanoi is one of Asia’s most fascinating cities. Rich in culture and history, this diverse city draws on its influences from both French and Chinese culture. In the evening, join your Tour Guide and fellow travelers for dinner before attending a performance of a traditional theater art unique to Vietnam, Water Puppetry. Overnight in hotel, Hanoi. Includes: (D).
Day 2: Hanoi City Tour and Cooking Demonstration at Van Giang Village.
In the morning, commence your exploration of Hanoi by visiting the Temple of Literature, Vietnam’s first university dating to 1070. The excursion continues on to Ho Chi Minh’s humble “stilt house” before visiting the French colonial Governor’s Palace and the 11th century One-Pillar Pagoda. Afterwards, there is a 30min drive to Van Giang Village to attend a cooking demonstration given by a local family. After the cooking demonstration, join the Vietnamese family in their home for a delicious lunch before driving back to Hanoi for a fascinating Cyclo ride to explore the bustling Old Quarter and the 36 “Guild streets”. The evening is free. Overnight in hotel, Hanoi. Includes: (B, L).
Day 3: Hanoi - Ha Long Bay.
Depart Hanoi in the morning for the scenic three-hour drive through the countryside to Ha Long Bay, a natural wonder with thousands of islands rising out of the water, creating a unique and beautiful landscape. On arrival, embark on one of the Bhaya Classic vessels for an overnight cruise through the 3,000 limestone islands, many punctuated by caves and grottoes. Savor a delicious Vietnamese buffet lunch as Bhaya Classic heads to Bai Tu Long Bay passing the towns of Hon Gai and Cam Pha, Oan Lagoon, Mat Quy (Monster Head) and Am Tich (Teapot) Islets. Take a row boat to visit the Vung Vieng fishing village. Enjoy a range of fantastic recreation or relaxation activities on board: a cooking demonstration, traditional massage, swimming, kayaking etc. Finish the day with a sumptuous set-menu dinner. Overnight on board Bhaya Classic, Ha Long Bay. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 4: Ha Long Bay - Hanoi - Hue (Brunch) (VN 247 17:45 – 18:55).
Start the day with calming Tai Chi on the Sundeck while complimentary tea & coffee are served. Bhaya Classic weighs anchor to cruise through the Bay passing beautiful spots like Trong (Drum), Trinh Nu (Virgin) and Me Cung Caves, Coc Ngoi (Toad) Islet, etc. Explore the Surprise Cave (Sung Sot). A buffet brunch is served onboard. The vessel cruises leisurely back to Ha Long harbor. From Ha Long Bay, transfer to Hanoi airport for the short flight down to Hue. On arrival, you will be met at the airport for the transfer to your hotel. Overnight in hotel, Hue.
Day 5: Discover Hue, the Imperial City.
In the morning, take a boat ride along the romantic Perfume River. Stop off at the Thien Mu Pagoda on the banks of the river to see the 7-storey Stupa. The pagoda is also home to the old Austin car driven to Saigon by the Venerable Thich Quang Duc in 1963 for his self-immolation. Continue on to visit the mausoleum of Emperor Minh Mang (1791-1841), built between 1841 and 1843. The Emperor’s mausoleum complex consists of 40 constructions (palaces, temples, pavilions etc.) designed on a symmetrical axis. Lunch is a special vegetarian meal with the nuns of Dong Thuyen Pagoda. In the afternoon, visit the Imperial Citadel and Forbidden City, created in the 19th century for the Emperors of the Nguyen Dynasty. Enjoy some “retail therapy” at Dong Ba Market before transferring back to the hotel. Overnight in hotel, Hue. Includes: (B, L).
Day 6: Hue - Danang - Hoi An.
After breakfast at the hotel, visit the mausoleum’s of the Emperors Tu Duc (1829-1883) and Khai Dinh (1885-1925). On the way down to Danang, stop in for a refreshment break at Lang Co beach, one of the World’s most beautiful bays. Continue on to Danang to visit the Cham Museum. Afterwards, head to the World Cultural Heritage Site of Hoi An Ancient Town. Check-in to your hotel. Enjoy some free time on a walking tour through the narrow lanes of the town, lined with century-old buildings and illuminated at night by hundreds of colorful lanterns. Discover the traditional shop-houses and temples, and the iconic Japanese Covered Bridge. Overnight in hotel, Hoi An. Includes: (B).
Day 7: Hoi An - My Son - Hoi An.
In the morning, take a half-day excursion to My Son Sanctuary. My Son is a religious site dating back to the Kingdom of Champa, and also a burial place of Cham royals and national heroes. The My Son temple complex is one of the foremost remaining examples of Hindu influence in South East Asia and is the most prominent heritage site of this nature in Vietnam. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant. The afternoon is free in Hoi An Ancient town. For something different, you can join in a fun cooking class, head to the nearby Cua Dai beach or observe local life on a sunset cruise on the peaceful Thu Bon River. Overnight in hotel, Hoi An. Includes: (B, L).
Day 8: Hoi An - Danang - Saigon (VN 321 08.05 – 09.15)
In the morning, transfer to Danang airport for the flight to Saigon, Vietnam’s vibrant southern metropolis. In the afternoon, discover the city’s most attractive sites, taking in the Notre Dame Cathedral and the Central Post Office before ending the day with a visit to Chinatown. In the evening, enjoy our Highlight Dinner. Overnight in hotel, Saigon. Includes:(B, D).
Day 9: Saigon - Mekong Delta - Can Tho.
In the morning, travel overland into the beautiful countryside of the northeastern Mekong Delta and Vinh Long province. On arrival, take a boat ride to visit a local orchard and the famous Cai Be floating market. Approximately 400-500 boats loaded to the gunnels with fruit, vegetables and other local produce anchor or moor along the banks of the river every day waiting to offload their goods to wholesale traders or local customers. Everybody here buys, sells and barters their goods only from their boats. Leaving Cai Be, visit a local family producing coconut candy, a regional delicacy. After a lunch of local delights, drive on to Can Tho, the hub of the Mekong Delta and its largest city. Overnight in hotel, Can Tho. Includes: (B, L).
Day 10: Can Tho - Saigon - Siem Reap (VN 849 18:35 – 19:35).
After breakfast, cruise some of the narrow and picturesque canals and waterways by small boat. Visit the Cai Rang - Phong Dien floating market with its hordes of small vendor boats. Take in the sultry scenery and witness the daily activities of the locals who live along these Mekong canals. After lunch, drive back to Saigon for the short flight to Siem Reap, Cambodia. On arrival, transfer to the hotel for check-in. The rest of the day is free. Overnight in hotel, Siem Reap. Includes: (B).
Day 11: Angkor Wat Temples.
Spend the entire day exploring the awesome temples, beginning with an early morning visit for sunrise and an exploration of the masterpiece, Angkor Wat. Afterwards, visit the southern gate of Angkor Thom, flanked by a row of 54 stone figures on each side – gods to the left and demons to the right. Continue on to the incredible fortified city of Angkor Thom and the 12th century Bayon.
In the afternoon, visit the Banteay Srei and Ta Prohm temples. The 10th century Banteay Srei temple – also known as the “Citadel of Women” – is considered by many to be the “jewel in the crown” of Angkor’s temples. Ta Prohm, shrouded in jungle, has been left untouched, ensuring a natural aura as the jungle trees twist their roots amongst the stone ruins. Overnight in hotel, Siem Reap. Includes: (B).
Day 12: Temples of Angkor.
Today continues the exploration of Angkor Wat, traveling south-west of Siem Reap to the Roluos Temples (850-893). Enter the complex to visit the sacred Preah Ko, Bakong and Loi Le temples. Following this, head on to Ta Som, a Buddhist pagoda since the 12th century, and Preah Khan, a sister temple of Ta Prohm. Preah Khan is home to 515 statues. In the afternoon, set out for a cruise on the beautiful Tonle Sap Lake, passing a floating village and seeing the daily life of locals. In the evening, enjoy our Farewell Dinner with an Apsara show. Overnight in hotel, Siem Reap. Includes: (B, D).
Day 13: Depart Siem Reap.
Free until transfer to the airport for onward flights or take a holiday extension. Includes: (B).
Departure dates: 18 Jul, 01 Aug, 15 Aug, 05 Sep, 19 Sep, 03 Oct, 17 Oct, 31 Oct, 14 Nov, 28 Nov, 12 Dec and 26 Dec.
- 11-nights hotel accommodation on a twin-share basic with daily breakfast
- 01-night onboard Bhaya Classic in Halong Bay in twin-share cabin
- Flights as specific (economy class): Hanoi – Hue, Danang – Saigon, Saigon – Siem Reap
- Meals as described in the itineraries: 11 Breakfasts, 05 Lunches, 04 Highlight Dinners and 01 Brunch
- All transfers within the tour by air-conditioned vehicle, including pick-up and drop-off at airports on arrival and departure days (without guide).
- Boat trips in Hue, the Mekong Delta and Siem Reap
- All entrance and sightseeing fees
- English or French speaking guides (other languages available upon request)
- Approval letter for landing visa to Vietnam: single entry, one month valid
- International airfare and airport tax in Vietnam and out Cambodia
- Beverages and other meals do not indicate in the program
- Visa fees to Vietnam and Cambodia
- Early check-in and late check-out at all hotels
- Travel insurance
- Kayak, Massage, Tai Chi Class
- Personal expenses (laundry, telephone, shopping...)
- Tipping/ Gratuities
- Single room
- Any additional expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as natural calamities (typhoon, floods), flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes etc.
- Classic category:
* Hanoi: La Dolce Vita hotel
* Ha Long Bay: Bhaya Cruises
* Hue: Huong Giang hotel
* Hoi An: Hoi An Trails Resort
* Can Tho: Sai Gon Can Tho
* Saigon: Lavender Hotel
* Siem Reap: Casa Angkor Hotel.
- Deluxe category:
* Hanoi: Melia Hanoi Hotel
* Ha Long Bay: Bhaya Cruises
* Hue: La Residence Resort & Spa
* Hoi An: Palm Garden Resort
* Can Tho: Victoria Can Tho
* Saigon: Caravelle Hotel
* Siem Reap: Angkor Palace Resort and Spa.
- All flights & hotels are subject to availability. If the above hotels are not available, hotels of a similar standard will be used
- Prices are in US dollars per person, sharing a twin room.
- Children aged 2-12 years sharing accommodation with parents will receive a 30% off of the full tour price. Children aged 2-12 years sharing the same room with parents and using extra bed will receive a 15% off of the full tour price. Chidren under 2 years sharing accommodation with parents will participate for free of charge
- One fixed departure of every week: tour starts on Sunday and finishes on Tuesday
- Guaranteed departure for minimum of two people traveling together; maximum of 12 person per group.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
* Adult in classic accommodation USD 1664
* Child in classic accommodation USD 1414 (own bed)
* Child in classic accommodation USD 1165 (without own bed)
* Adult in deluxe accommodation USD 2294
* Child in deluxe accommodation USD 1950 (own bed)
* Child in deluxe accommodation USD 1610 (without own bed).
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Jun 2008
Our company was founded in September 2007. We both have years of experience from working in travel and hotel business in both Thailand and Denmark. Currently the company total eight persons connected full time or freelance. Our company's slogan is "far from ordinary". Our tour production aims at...