Great Allegheny Passage: C&O Canal Highlight Touroffered by supplier M17768 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 3 day(s)
Group Size: 6 - 12 people
Destination(s): Pennsylvania Maryland
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring Sightseeing
Season: July - September
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 725 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 725 US Dollar (USD)
This tour has been designed for the novice cyclist to enjoy, while intermediate cyclists will have the opportunity to ride additional miles or have extra discovery and relaxing time. 3 days of biking through beautiful country! This trip takes place on a rather unique trail system, considered by Conde Naste Magazine to be one of the seventeen most beautiful rail trails in the world. This is a world class ride that is filled with a multitude of natural, cultural and historically significant sites.
Day 1: Begin your ride by passing through quaint river and rail towns, following the Youghiogheny River through the gorge, surrounded by Ohiopyle State Park. Return to the Trillium Lodge for a homemade gourmet dinner.
Day 2: Spend the morning touring Frank Lloyd Wright’s famous masterpiece “Fallingwater,” and continue through the Big Savage Tunnel and downward to Cumberland, MD, passing over the Eastern Continental Divide as well as the Mason-Dixon Line.
Day 3: Get a taste of the C&O Canal on today’s ride, passing through the historic Paw Paw Tunnel and passing over the impressive stonework of the canal’s many aqueducts and lock systems.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Sag van support
- Two support staff
- Breakfast for 5 days
- Lunches and snacks for 6 days
- Lodging for 5 nights
- Dinner night 1 and 2
- Sag Wagon: 15 Passenger Van and 12 foot box trailer
- Two guides who will operate the Sag Wagon, prepare meal stops, ride portions of the trail to provide on trail assistance and keep the bikes tuned on a daily basis
- Mobile Repair Shop: all necessary parts, including the carrying of two (2) spare bicycles
- Breakfast, most mornings it will be at your place of lodging
- Daily lunch is a menu appropriate for multi-day calorie burning trip
- Daily snacks to consist of fruits, energy bars etc.
- Drinks with lunch, and a continual supply throughout the day of water or desired beverage, a vegetarian option will be available if necessary
- Dinner on the first 2 nights.
Rates are based on double occupancy, single supplement is available.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2008
We are the oldest whitewater outfitter and kayak school on the East Coast. Operating trips on 5 rivers in 3 states, we have an adventure to fit your fun level, and group type. Raft, climb, kayak, mountain bike, fly fish, choose the experience that will put a smile on your face. We are very active in local and national...