Birdwatching Tour in Kiskunsag and Bukk National Park - Hungary (9 Days)offered by supplier M20514 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 8 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 12 people
Specialty Categories: Birdwatching
Season: April - November
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 1199 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1199 US Dollar (USD)
Most of the Bükk Hills is characterized by vast beech woods and open limestone meadows with all the different karst forms produced by erosion such as fissures, sinkholes, underground streams and caverns. It is a perfect area for birding, where raptors soar above the valleys and dense deciduous woodlands provide home for woodland species such as owls, warblers and woodpeckers including Ural Owl, Black, White-backed, Grey-headed, Middle Spotted and Syrian Woodpecker, plus Wryneck.
Day 1-4: After arriving at the Budapest Airport we head towards the Kiskunság National Park. Great Bustard, Saker, Red-footed Falcon, Ferruginous Duck, Pygmy Cormorant and Stone-Curlew will be our main targets.
Day 5: We visit a fantastic wetland, breeding site of Pygmy Cormorant, Glossy Ibis, herons, Ferruginous Duck. Black Stork and White-tailed Eagle breed in the gallery forest of the River Tisza and Spotted and Little Crake calls from the reeds. Then we drive to our hotel at the foot of the Bükk Hills.
Day 6-7: In the Bükk Hills we will search for Grey-headed, Black and White-backed Woodpecker, Corncrake, Barred Warbler and Red-breasted Flycatcher. Ural and Eagle Owl might be seen as well with a bit of luck. We also explore the Borsodi Mez, the so called Little Hortobágy where Imperial Eagle, Saker, Great Bustard, Roller, Red-footed Falcon and Lesser Grey Shrike are breeding.
Day 8: Travel to Budapest, birding en route.
Supplemental Tour Information:
- 8 days in Hungary visiting the famous Kiskunság and Bükk National Parks
- start and finish in Budapest
- using 2 accommodations located close to the sites
- 3 days in the Kiskunság visiting huge flat steppes, alkaline lakes, fishponds and oxbows of the River Tisza
- 3 days in the Bükk hills visiting dense deciduous forests, limestone rock formations and quarries
- wide variety of birds and habitats
- plenty of herons, raptors, woodpeckers and other interesting bird species
- 4 nights in a small family run hotel built in a local style in the Kiskunság
- 3 nights in an excellent family run hotel by the foot of the Bükk hills with the best cuisine in the region.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- All travel as noted in the itinerary
- All accommodation based on shared rooms (most rooms are twin bedded) at most locations there are single rooms as well for extra charge, please ask for a single room at the time of booking!)
- 3 meals per day, generally breakfast at the accommodation, packed lunch, dinner (consists of at least two courses)
- Services of the leader(s)
- Trip materials.
- Flights to and from Budapest
- Optional programs to places of interest and entrance fees involved
- Airport and other departure taxes
- Food beyond generally 3 meals/day mentioned in the itineraries
- Excess baggage charges
- Telephone calls
- Alcoholic beverages
- Compulsory personal insurance.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Aug 2010
M20514 is currently Hungary’s only officially registered incoming tour operator on its market. We organize Birdwatching, Butterfly, Dragonfly, General Nature and any type of ground-trips that are closely related to nature, such as canoeing, hiking, cycling tours in Central and Eastern Europe. Our ecotourism aims at...