Kayaking Golfo Dulce in Costa Ricaoffered by supplier M20555 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 1 - 5 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 6 people
Destination(s): Costa Rica
Specialty Categories: Canoeing/Kayaking/Rafting
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 50 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 100 US Dollar (USD)
We grow a large part of our own fruits which are enjoyed by guests and birds alike. Our 15 acres of lush cultivated gardens provide host to a wide range of edible plant species including citrus, banana, plantain, avocado, starfruit, guanabana, jackfruit, mango, heart of palm, ginger, papaya, pineapple, yucca, cashew, almond and water apple. There are also medicinal plants like noni, aloe and hombre grande.
Boat excursion up the Rio Esquinas:
- A relaxing river tour takes you into the maze-like mangrove swamps of the Rio Esquinas. Here the Golfo Dulce is fed by the fresh waters of the tidal river forming a thriving estuary habitat. The mystic mangrove swamp is a paradise for birding and fishermen. Watch for crocodiles and turtles sunbathing on the banks. The Esquinas River is a fishing hotspot hosting red snapper and snook. Want to try your luck for dinner? Ask us about rods, reels and lures. Birders won't miss scores of Whimbrels and White Ibis fishing for lunch. Other birds we've spotted include Laughing Falcon, Yellow-headed Caracara, Squirrel Cuckoo, Northern Jacana, Purple Gallinule, Roseate Spoonbill, four different species of kingfishers and Boat-billed Heron.
- Optional guided river tour by kayak. Kayaks are towed up the river just before high tide and released for your return with the outgoing tide and the natural river current. A quiet and relaxing way to enjoy the sights and sounds of the river, explore deeper into the mangrove estuary and its various coves and tunnels. Same price as the Rio Esquinas boat tour.
Kayaking. Explore the thriving local wilderness.
- Guests are welcome to use kayaks free of charge. The waters of the Golfo Dulce are most tranquil here in front of our lodge and offers a wide range of possibilities to kayakers.
- Kayak fishing, birdwatching or hunting for miniscule orchids in the extensive network of mangrove habitat at the Rio Esquinas is only a 10 minute paddle North of Saladero.
- Leisurely paddle along the coastline and spot wildlife in and out of the water at your own pace. Dolphins are a common sight and whales return year after year to use deep gulf waters as a breeding ground. Kayakers may also be visited by sea turtles or they may spot capuchin monkeys picking fruits from the shoreline trees.
- A 15 minute kayak trip South of our lodge is a local cove called Ballenas with a beautiful palm shaded beach. Have a private picnic (we can make you a lunch to go) and snorkel at the crystal clear coral reef just off the beach.
- Fancy yourself a fisherman? Fishing by kayak is the ultimate "roots" fishing experience. World record snook, huge grouper, red snapper, cero mackerel, roosterfish, jacks, barracuda await your lure.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Bottled water
- Juice drinks.
- Price: 50 USD per person
- 2 person is minimum group size.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Oct 2010
Owners/operators Harvey and Susan Woodard have, in just a few years, established M20555 as the Number1 specialty lodge in the Golfo Dulce. We provide comfortable accommodations and individual attention while maintaining sustainable tourism techniques. By combining adventurous and cultural activities with educational...