Rainforest Tour in Costa Ricaoffered by supplier M20555 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 1 - 5 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 15 people
Destination(s): Costa Rica
Specialty Categories: Rainforest
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 20 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 40 US Dollar (USD)
We grow a large part of our own fruits which are enjoyed by guests and birds alike. Our 15 acres of lush cultivated gardens provide host to a wide range of edible plant species including citrus, banana, plantain, avocado, starfruit, guanabana, jackfruit, mango, heart of palm, ginger, papaya, pineapple, yucca, cashew, almond and water apple. There are also medicinal plants like noni, aloe and hombre grande.
- Hiking. Piedras Blancas or Corcovado National Park. The rainforests surrounding our Lodge are primary forests - meaning they've never been cut or logged. Forests of this type are increasingly rare and support a vast diversity of life. The trees found on the property are towering giants, rivaling the redwoods of northern California. We host 465 acres of primary rainforest, 15 acres of tropical fruits and garden and miles of pristine beachfront to explore. Guests are invited to experience the diversity of the rainforest on one of our two nature trails:
* Easy trail - a 3/4 of mile loop trail starts near the beach house, follows a small creek and passes from secondary to primary rainforest.
* Difficult trail - ascends to the ridge of the nearest mountain and provides a sense of higher regions of the rainforest canopy.
- Before or after visiting our lodge we highly recommend a visit to the Corcovado National Park on the Osa Peninsula. A permit is required to enter the park and tour operators in Pto Jimenez can organize your trip and make all the necessary arrangements prior to your arrival.
- Native-Guided Jungle Tour. Discover the richness of the jungle. Interested in learning about the rich flora and fauna in this thriving biological corridor? Take a tour with a local naturalist who will point out things you might otherwise miss. Visit her home and experience first hand how the life of the local is tune with nature. Trek up a small river into the primary rainforest and try your luck catching river shrimp hiding under rocks with just your hands. Pick tasty exotic local fruits right from the tree. Learn names and uses of some of the medicinal plants found in the area. Wet and muddy terrain may be encountered and proper footwear is recommended.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Bottled water
- Juice drinks.
- Native-Guided Jungle Tour costs 20 USD per person
- Two person is minimum group size.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Oct 2010
Owners/operators Harvey and Susan Woodard have, in just a few years, established M20555 as the Number1 specialty lodge in the Golfo Dulce. We provide comfortable accommodations and individual attention while maintaining sustainable tourism techniques. By combining adventurous and cultural activities with educational...