Inca Trail 4-Day Tour Cusco, Peruoffered by supplier M17546 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 4 day(s)
Group Size: 5 - 20 people
Specialty Categories: Hiking & Trekking Archeology/History
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 440 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 440 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1: Between 7:00 - 8:00 a.m. we pick you up at your hotel and we go to km 82 by bus. From here on it will take us about 7 hours of hiking (13 km) to reach the first campsite in Huayllabamba.
Day 2: Physically a tough day: 16 km and climbing 2 high passes. Warmi Wanusca, with its 4200 meters, is the highest point of the trek. Breathtaking and stunning! Included is a visit to the ruins of Runkurakay and Sayacmarca. We will be camping in Pacaymayu.
Day 3: Today is a relatively easy one: we walk only 11 km and most of the route is flat and descending, meanwhile visiting the archaeological sites of Phuyupatamarca, Intipata and Wiñaywayna, the latter being our last campsite of the trek.
Day 4: After breakfast, we depart to Inti Punku, the entrance of the old Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. This will take us about an hour and a half and it is an unforgettable experience observing the ruins from that point. In Machu Picchu we have a guided tour of approximately 2 hours and in the afternoon we travel back to Cusco by train. Arrival time in Cusco is estimated around 9:00 p.m.
- Bring with you:
* A backpack
* A day pack
* Rain jacket or poncho
* Hiking shoes
* Warm clothes, including jacket, fleece, sweaters and 4 pairs of socks
* Sleeping bag
* Flashlight and batteries
* Water bottle
* Camera, films and batteries
* Hat or cap to protect you from the sun or cold
* Sun block
* Insect repellent
* Toilet paper
* Water bottle and sterilizing tablets
* Swimsuit (recommended for the hot springs)
- Leaving: daily (discount on special departure dates).
- Transport: bus and train.
- Carriers of an ISIC Card pay 30 USD less
- An extra porter to carry your personal items: 75 USD/4 days
- An extra hotel night in Aguas Calientes can be booked for those who want to stay an extra day. Prices vary from 25 USD till 150 USD
- If you wish to go back to the ruins the following day, you will have to pay your entrance fee again (the first one was included in the Inca Trail Excursion) - Sleeping bag or backpack are available for rent.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Price: USD 440.
- Pick up from your hotel and transfer in private bus to km 82 (starting point of the trail)
- Inca Trail and Machupicchu entrance fees
- Camping equipment:
* Kitchen tent
* Dinning tent
- English speaking professional guide (2 guides for groups over 8 people)
- Cook and cooking equipment
- Porters (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment)
- Accommodation for the guides
- Meals (plus snack and tea time service every day)
- First-aid kit
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Train ticket (backpacker) from Aguas Calientes to Cusco
- Transfer train station - hotel Cusco.
- Breakfast on the first day
- Lunch and dinner on the last
- Visit to the Hot Springs in Aguas Calientes (entrance fee is 1,50 USD) towels and swimsuits can be rented in Aguas Calientes.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Jan 2008
M17546 offers the enthusiasm of a relatively young agency, with the experience of our capable and professional staff. With our own offices in Cusco (Peru) and Buenos Aires (Argentina) and the Netherlands, we have been arranging every imaginable excursion and tour in South America, as well as Spanish Courses and...