Kayaking Trip in Michiganoffered by supplier M15163 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 4 day(s)
Group Size: 4 - 10 people
Specialty Categories: Canoeing/Kayaking/Rafting
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 450 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 450 US Dollar (USD)
Included are three comfortable nights lodging, several fine meals and all equipment. If you have an appropriate kayak for the weekend and would like to bring it you are welcome. You'll be able to swap stories over a glass of wine next to the fireplace or have a walk through the woods to the river when you are not out on the water. Warning label: You may have a lot of fun this weekend that doesn't mean you can move-in just know that up front.
Day 1: After dinner Thursday evening arrival between 7-9 PM. Get acquainted and settled. Orientation for the rest of the weekend.
Day 2: Friday will find us gearing up for a trip along Arcadia bluffs and a fine beach picnic. If the big lake is a little moody, we have a fjord-like back-up destination complete with islands, Eagles and good fishing. Hmmm, can we go there anyway? Dinner BBQ here at Casa de Kayak followed by kayak videos, tall tales and good night's sleep.
Day 3: Depending on weather, we'll head north for a longer paddle to enjoy some dune and island views, maybe a shipwreck and a swim. We'll gather for dinner at a local restaurant/pub after we get off the water. Whether we're in soggy sandals or wetsuits, we'll be welcome for some great food and drink after a good day of paddling.
Day 4: After a fine Sunday brunch, we'll gear up for a sweet little river trip through the backyard to give you a little moving water experience and balance out a weekend of grand vistas. We'll turn you loose for home or other adventures at about 2 pm. Stuff to Bring/ B&B Kayak Weekends
Supplemental Tour Information:
Although we spend a little time on basic strokes instruction on this weekend, you may want to look to our Learn-to-Kayak B&B weekend if you are seeking a more instructional experience.
- Paddling Clothes:
* Farmer John/Jane style wetsuit: for May/June/September/October, can be rented from our shop for $10/day
* Synthetic long underwear: polypropelene, polyester, coolmax, etc.anything but cotton, both tops and bottoms, can be worn under shorts too for a very comfortable if not very stylish ensemble.
* Fleece Jacket
* Paddling Jacket or rain parka: I have a few loaners
* Water shoes or neoprene boots: I try to discourage sandals because they can get tangled in footrests….and that’s bad if your upside down
- Odds and Ends:
* One liter water bottle
* Anything alcoholic you may want with evening meals
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Children 8-13: half price.
Note: Registration - A $150 deposit is required to hold your space. Reservation fees are refundable until 30 days before the trip. The balance is also due 30 days prior to departure. Space is limited to 6, so plan ahead.
- Professional guide/ instructor
- Rustic river home accommodations
- Kayaking equipment (boat, paddle, PFD, skirt) and some very fine meals. Please call if you have special diet requirements.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Oct 2006
M15163 has provided terrific travel value programs with the very highest of standards for nearly 25 years. We are owned by naturalist/ guide/ chef/ author/ kayak instructor trainer Michael Gray. Our international sea kayak programs are considered skills courses and work with the highest standard American Canoe...